National Register of Historic Places listings in King William County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in King William County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in King William County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Burlington||January 30, 1978
|River Rd. southeast of Beulahville||Aylett|
|2||Chelsea||November 12, 1969
|North of the junction of State Route 30 and Chelsea Rd.||West Point|
|3||Chericoke||September 8, 1980
|West of Falls on Chericoke Rd.||Falls|
|4||Elsing Green||November 12, 1969
|Southwest of the junction of Union Hope and Mount Olive Cohoke Rds.||Tunstall|
|5||Horn Quarter||June 9, 1980
|Northwest of Manquin on Etna Mills Rd.||Manquin|
|6||King William County Courthouse||October 1, 1969
|Horse Landing Rd., off State Route 30||King William|
|7||King William Training School||September 19, 2006
|18627 State Route 30||King William|
|8||Mangohick Church||December 5, 1972
|Mangohick Church Rd., south of State Route 30||Mangohick|
|9||Mount Columbia||January 19, 1989
|Off Brandywine Rd., 2.7 miles (4.3 km) west of Manfield Rd.||Manquin|
|10||Pamunkey Indian Reservation Archaeological District||September 16, 1982
|Entirety of the Pamunkey Indian Reservation||Lanesville|
|11||Roseville Plantation||August 8, 2007
|3736 Herring Creek Rd.||Aylett|
|12||St. John's Church||April 24, 1973
|North of Sweet Hall on State Route 30||Sweet Hall|
|13||Seven Springs||May 6, 1980
|West of Enfield||Enfield|
|14||Sharon Indian School||July 27, 2007
|13383 State Route 30||King William|
|15||Sweet Hall||November 7, 1977
|South of King William||King William|
|16||West Point Historic District||October 3, 1996
|Kirby, Main, and Lee Sts. from 1st through 13th Sts.||West Point|
|17||Windsor Shades||May 22, 1978
|Southwest of Sweet Hall off State Route 30||Sweet Hall|
|18||Wyoming||February 8, 1980
|North of Studley on Nelsons Bridge Rd.||Studley|
|19||Zoar||June 22, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in King William County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Virginia Historic Landmarks Commission Staff. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Burlington. National Park Service, 1977-03, 7.
- McCartney, Martha, and Mary Ellen Norrisey Hodges. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: Pamunkey Indian Reservation Archaeological District. National Park Service, 1980-10-01, 24.