National Register of Historic Places listings in Knox County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Knox County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Knox County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Another 2 properties were once listed but have been removed.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||County Bridge No. 45||September 20, 2006
|Carries County Road 229 over the White River, northeast of Wheatland
||Steen Township||Extends into Daviess County|
|2||Enoco Coal Mine||December 28, 2010
|Northern side of Grundman Rd., 1.5 miles south of Bruceville
|3||Fort Knox II Site||March 24, 1982
|3 miles north of downtown Vincennes
|4||George Rogers Clark National Historical Park||October 15, 1966
|401 S. 2nd St., south of U.S. Route 50
|5||Gregg Park||September 25, 2013
|2204 Washington Ave.
|6||Hack and Simon Office Building||March 26, 2003
|1101 N. 3rd St.
|7||William Henry Harrison Home||October 15, 1966
|3 W. Scott St.
|8||Kimmell Park||September 25, 2013
|2014 Oliphant Dr.
|9||Kixmiller's Store||December 8, 1978
|Carlise and Indianapolis Sts. at Freelandville
|10||Mont Clair||December 27, 2016
|3890 E. Johnson Farm Rd.
|11||Andrew Nicholson Farmstead||June 17, 2005
|12095 E. State Road 550, northwest of Wheatland
|12||Old Cathedral Complex||August 17, 1976
|205 Church St.
|13||Old State Bank||October 9, 1974
|N. 2nd St.
|14||Pyramid Mound (12k14)||May 12, 1975
|Southern side of Wabash Avenue, southeast of central Vincennes
||Vincennes||Also known as "Lower Sugarloaf Mound"|
|15||Shadowwood||June 6, 2001
|6451 E. Wheatland Rd., east of Vincennes
|16||Alfred Simonson House||December 24, 2009
|207 Shipping St.
|17||Territorial Capitol of Former Indiana Territory||July 2, 1973
|Bounded by Harrison, 1st, Scott, and Park Sts.
|18||Vincennes Fortnightly Club||September 22, 2000
|421 N. 6th St.
|19||Vincennes Historic District||December 31, 1974
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Ebner-Free House||March 21, 1985
|June 2, 1999||120 Locust
|2||Rose Hill Farmstead||March 3, 1995
|June 15, 2012||Old Louisville Rd, 0.25 miles north of its junction with Old Wheatland Rd., and east of Vincennes
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Knox County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Knox County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 1, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Address derived from this Vincennes Convention and Visitors' Bureau webpage; coordinates derived from its GNIS feature record. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".
- Wabash Avenue location derived from this Vincennes Convention and Visitors' Bureau webpage; location and coordinates derived from the GNIS feature record for the "Indian Mound" along Wabash Avenue. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"
- Attractions Archived 2006-07-31 at the Wayback Machine., City of Vincennes, 2003. Accessed 2009-09-11.