National Register of Historic Places listings in Lancaster County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Lancaster County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Lancaster County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Belle Isle||February 6, 1973
|Southwestern side of the western end of Belle Isle Rd.||Lancaster|
|2||Christ Church||October 15, 1966
|3 miles south of Kilmarnock on State Route 3||Irvington|
|3||Corotoman||September 15, 1970
|4||Fox Hill Plantation||November 17, 1978
|Southwest of Lively off State Route 201||Lively|
|5||Grace Episcopal Church||June 5, 2017
|303 S. Main St.||Kilmarnock|
|6||Greenfield||February 14, 2018
|412 Greenfields Ln.||White Stone|
|7||Irvington||December 8, 2000
|King Carter Dr. and Irvington Rd.||Irvington|
|8||Lancaster Court House Historic District||August 11, 1983
|State Route 3||Lancaster|
|9||Locustville||October 21, 1994
|½ mile east of the eastern side of the junction of State Route 354 and Slabtown Rd.||Ottoman|
|10||Pop Castle||June 16, 1989
|Crab Point Rd. on the Rappahannock River||White Stone|
|11||St. Mary's, Whitechapel||November 12, 1969
|Northwest of the junction of State Routes 201 and 354||Lively|
|12||Verville||April 24, 1987
|West Point Rd.||Merry Point|
|13||Village of Morattico Historic District||November 22, 2011
|Portions of Morattico Rd., Riverside and Saltwater Drs., Church and Sea Shell Lns., and Mulberry Creek and Water View Rds.||Morattico|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Lancaster County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 7, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Barrows, J.A., and T.T. Waterman. "Spinster's House 'Corotoman' Lancaster County Virginia". Historic American Buildings Survey, 1940-12-15. Accessed 2017-08-25.