National Register of Historic Places listings in Limestone County, Alabama
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Limestone County, Alabama.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Limestone County, Alabama, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Athens Courthouse Square Commercial Historic District||October 10, 1997
|Roughly bounded by Clinton, Hobbs, Madison, and Green Sts.||Athens|
|2||Athens State College Historic District||February 14, 1985
|202-212 and 311 N. Beaty St., central Athens State University campus area roughly bounded by Beaty, Pryor, and Hobbs Sts.||Athens|
|3||Belle Mina||October 31, 1972
|South of Belle Mina on the Mooresville-Elkton Rd.||Belle Mina|
|4||Blackburn House||September 20, 1984
|West of Athens||Athens|
|5||Cotton Hill||December 10, 2014
|23789 Huntsville-Brownsferry Rd., E.||Athens|
|6||Robert Donnell House||September 19, 1973
|601 S. Clinton St.||Athens|
|7||George S. Houston Historic District||July 20, 1989
|Roughly 2nd Ave., Jefferson St., McClellan St., Marion St., Hobbs St., Madison St., Washington St., and Houston St.||Athens|
|8||Governor George Smith Houston House||May 15, 1986
|101 N. Houston St.||Athens|
|9||Mooresville||April 13, 1972
|Off Interstate 565 (also U.S. Route 72 Alternate and State Route 20)||Mooresville|
|10||Old Athens, Alabama Main Post Office||February 18, 1982
|310 W. Washington St.||Athens|
|11||Robert Beaty Historic District||August 30, 1984
|Roughly bounded by the former Louisville and Nashville railroad line and Forrest, East, and Washington Sts.||Athens|
|12||Sulphur Trestle Fort Site||May 8, 1973
|1 mile (1.6 km) south of Elkmont||Elkmont||Boundary increase July 21, 2015|
|13||Woodside||February 19, 1982
|Southwest of Belle Mina||Belle Mina|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1989-12-07||AL 20||Mooresville vicinity|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Limestone County, Alabama.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alabama
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alabama
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 7, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Weekly Register List 1982" (PDF). National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. March 1, 1983. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Weekly Register List 1989" (PDF). National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved April 1, 2017.