National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisa County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisa County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Louisa County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Anderson-Foster House||November 17, 1978
|North of Holly Grove on Chapel Dr.
|2||Baker-Strickler House||February 18, 2009
|10074 W. Gordon Rd.
|3||Bloomington||August 11, 2004
|4||Boswell's Tavern||November 25, 1969
|Junction of U.S. Route 15 and State Route 22
|5||Boxley Place||April 4, 2007
|103 Ellisville Dr.
|6||Cuckoo||August 19, 1994
|Junction of U.S. Routes 33 and 522
||Mineral||Federal-style home with a Colonial-style portico built for physician Henry Pendleton about 1819.|
|7||Duke House||August 16, 2007
|2729 Diggstown Rd.
|8||Grassdale||July 2, 1973
|West of Trevilians off U.S. Route 15
|9||Green Springs||June 30, 1972
|0.2 miles (0.32 km) south of Green Springs Rd. and 1.5 miles (2.4 km) southwest of its junction with Jack Jouett Rd.
|10||Green Springs Historic District||March 7, 1973
|Northeast of Zion Crossroads on U.S. Route 15
|11||Harris-Poindexter House and Store||May 22, 2002
|81 Tavern Rd.
|12||Hawkwood||September 17, 1970
|South of Gordonsville off U.S. Route 15
|13||Ionia||June 30, 1972
|0.1 miles (0.16 km) east of Jack Jouett Rd. and 0.8 miles (1.3 km) north of its junction with Poindexter Rd.
|14||Jerdone Castle||October 4, 1984
|North of Bumpas on Jerdone Island
|15||Longwood||September 14, 2002
|924 Longwood Dr.
|16||Louisa County Courthouse||December 28, 1990
|Junction of State Route 208 and Main St.
|17||Louisa High School||August 24, 2011
|212 Fredericksburg Ave.
|18||Mineral Historic District||April 8, 2005
|Roughly along Mineral, Louisa, Lee, Richmond, Albemarle, Pendleton, Piedmon, Old Tolersville, S. Cecilia, et al.
|19||Providence Presbyterian Church||April 13, 1973
|Northwest of Gum Spring off U.S. Route 250
|20||Shady Grove School||June 11, 2009
|2925 Three Chopt Rd.
|21||Westend||September 17, 1970
|South of the junction of State Route 22 and Nolting Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Louisa County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 9, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form: Cuckoo" (PDF). Virginia Department of Historic Resources. 1994. Retrieved February 3, 2009.