National Register of Historic Places listings in Macon County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Macon County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Baldwin-Coker Cottage||May 9, 2003
|226 Lower Lake Rd.||Highlands|
|2||Dr. Alexander C. Brabson House||August 23, 1990
|SR 1118, 0.6 mile S. of jct. with SR 1115||Otto|
|3||Albert Swain Bryson House||December 20, 1984
|4||Cabin Ben||April 22, 2003
|115 Cullasaja Dr.||Highlands|
|5||Church of the Incarnation||May 16, 1996
|111 N. 5th St.||Highlands|
|6||Cowee Mound and Village Site||January 18, 1973
|Address Restricted||West's Mill|
|7||Cowee-West's Mill Historic District||January 8, 2001
|8||Edwards Hotel||November 20, 1992
|Jct. of Main and Fourth Sts., SE corner||Highlands|
|9||First Presbyterian Church||August 22, 1996
|471 Main St.||Highlands|
|10||Franklin Presbyterian Church||February 5, 1987
|45 Church St.||Franklin|
|11||Franklin Terrace Hotel||July 29, 1982
|67 Harrison Ave.||Franklin|
|12||Glen Choga Lodge||April 23, 1996
|50 Lodge Rd.||Aquone|
|13||Thomas Grant Harbison House||April 30, 2008
|2930 Walhalla Rd.||Highlands|
|14||Highlands Inn||December 18, 1990
|Jct. of Main and Fourth Sts.||Highlands|
|15||Highlands North Historic District||July 28, 2011
|608-650,507-615 Hickory St., 760-856,827 N. 5th St., 23-29,425 Brock Ct.,802,850-854 N. 4th St., 29 Martha's Ln.||Highlands|
|16||Nequasee||November 26, 1980
|Main St.||Franklin||Site 31MA1|
|17||Pendergrass Building||September 26, 1991
|6 W. Main St.||Franklin|
|18||Playmore-Bowery Road Historic District||March 27, 2002
|1309-1311 Horse Cove Rd., 7,215,225,369,455 and 172-176,200,462 Bowery Rd., and 375-471 Upper Lake Rd.||Highlands|
|19||Elizabeth Wright Prince House||April 17, 2017
|524 N. 4th St.||Highlands|
|20||Saint Agnes Church||June 4, 1987
|27 Church St.||Franklin|
|21||Salem Methodist Church||May 8, 2013
|1201 River Rd.||Franklin||Macon County MPS|
|22||Satulah Mountain Historic District||October 5, 1995
|Roughly bounded by NC 28, Satulah, Brooks, Worley, Warren, and Old Walhalla Rd.||Highlands|
|23||Jesse R. Siler House||April 29, 1982
|115 W. Main St.||Franklin|
|24||Wilson Log House||May 20, 1998
|NC 1621, 1.4 miles northwest of its junction with NC 1620||Highlands|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Macon County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 15, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Master Site Record, Research Laboratories of Archaeology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, n.d. Accessed 2014-06-23.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.