National Register of Historic Places listings in Madison County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Madison County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view an online map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bank of French Broad||June 10, 2004
|100 Main St.||Marshall|
|2||California Creek Missionary Baptist Church||July 12, 1984
|US 23||Mars Hill|
|3||Capitola Manufacturing Company Cotton Yarn Mill||August 28, 2012
|Southeast end of Bridge No. 328 over French Broad River||Marshall|
|4||Dorland Memorial Presbyterian Church||July 24, 1986
|Bridge St. at Meadow Ln.||Hot Springs|
|5||William R. Ellerson House||September 11, 2018
|320 Gahagans Rd.||Hot Springs|
|6||Hot Springs Historic District||February 5, 2009
|Roughly bounded by Bridge St., Andrews Ave. S. and Meadow Ln.||Hot Springs|
|7||Madison County Courthouse||May 10, 1979
|Main St.||Marshall||part of the North Carolina County Courthouses Thematic Resource (TR)|
|8||Mars Hill School||May 31, 2018
|225 Mount Olive Dr|
|9||Mars Hill College Historic District||September 12, 2006
|Bet. Bailey and Cascade Sts. N and S||Mars Hill|
|10||Mars Hill Commercial Historic District||September 8, 2015
|15 College, 2-14, 18, 24-26, 28-30, 32-34, 9, 15-25 S. Main & 10, 14, 16-20 N. Main Sts.||Mars Hill|
|11||Mars Hill High School||September 7, 2005
|734 Bailey St.||Mars Hill|
|12||Marshall High School||August 13, 2008
|Blannahassett Island. W. side Bridge St.||Marshall|
|13||Marshall Main Street Historic District||August 16, 2007
|101 N. Main St.- 165 S. Main St., Bridge St. and 33 Bailey's Branch Rd.||Marshall|
|14||Thomas J. Murray House||June 1, 2005
|Address Restricted||Mars Hill|
|15||Henry Ottinger House||March 6, 1986
|391 Boys Home Rd.||Hot Springs|
|16||Sunnybank||May 23, 1980
|NC 209 and Walnut St.||Hot Springs|
|17||James H. White House||December 21, 1989
|5 Hill St.||Marshall|
|18||Jeff White House||June 5, 1975
|Northeast of Marshall on NC 213||Marshall|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Madison County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 15, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.