National Register of Historic Places listings in Madison County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Madison County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Madison County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 20 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Belle Plaine||August 15, 2016
|2488 S. U.S. Route 15
|2||Big Meadows Site||December 13, 1985
|Head of Hogcamp Branch at Big Meadows
|3||Brampton||December 12, 1985
|4||Camp Hoover||June 7, 1988
|Shenandoah National Park
|5||Cliff Kill Site||December 15, 1985
|6||George T. Corbin Cabin||January 13, 1989
|1.5 miles off Skyline Dr. at the junction of Corbin Cabin and Nicholson Hollow Trails
|7||Gentle Site||December 13, 1985
|8||Graves Mill||August 30, 2006
|29 Graves Rd.
|9||Greenway||November 16, 1988
|U.S. Route 15
|10||Hebron Lutheran Church||July 2, 1971
|1 mile northeast of Madison off U.S. Route 29
|11||Hoffman Round Barn||April 20, 2009
|4864 Wolftown-Hood Rd.
|12||The Homeplace||August 5, 1999
|U.S. Route 29 at its junction with Hebron Valley Rd.
|13||James City Historic District||July 13, 2001
|U.S. Route 29
|14||Locust Hill||May 30, 2002
|Junction of U.S. Route 15 with Oak Park and Locust Dale Rds.
|15||Madison County Courthouse||November 12, 1969
|Old U.S. Route 29
|16||Madison County Courthouse Historic District||August 16, 1984
|17||The Residence||June 19, 1979
|Woodberry Forest School
|18||Robertson Mountain Site||December 13, 1985
|19||Skyline Drive Historic District||April 28, 1997
|Shenandoah National Park, from the northern entrance station at Front Royal to the southern entrance station at Rockfish Gap
|20||Woodbourne||June 28, 1999
|Thrift Rd., 1.5 miles (2.4 km) west of its junction with U.S. Route 29 Alternate
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Madison County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Foss, Robert Ward. Man and Mountain: An Archaeological Overview of the Shenandoah National Park. Thesis U of Virginia, 1977, 117.