National Register of Historic Places listings in Malheur County, Oregon
This list presents the full set of buildings, structures, objects, sites, or districts designated on the National Register of Historic Places in Malheur County, Oregon, and offers brief descriptive information about each of them. The National Register recognizes places of national, state, or local historic significance across the United States. Out of over 90,000 National Register sites nationwide, Oregon is home to over 2,000, and 17 of those are found in Malheur County.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Birch Creek Ranch Historic Rural Landscape||August 25, 1997
|On the Owyhee River at its confluence with Birch Creek||Jordan Valley vicinity|
|2||James Rowley and Mary J. Blackaby House||December 28, 2001
|717 SW 2nd St.||Ontario|
|3||Jean Baptiste Charbonneau Memorial and Inskip Station Ruins||March 14, 1973
|N of Danner off US 95||Danner|
|4||First Bank of Vale||March 5, 1992
|148 Main St. S.||Vale|
|5||Green Lantern Saloon||September 6, 1996
|11 S. 1st St.||Nyssa|
|6||Moses and Mary Hart Stone House and Ranch Complex||October 1, 2001
|1 mile (1.6 km) west of Post Office on Bully Creek County Rd.||Westfall|
|7||Hotel Western||September 6, 1996
|9 Good Ave.||Nyssa|
|8||Old Stone House||May 19, 1972
|283 Main St. S.||Vale|
|9||Oregon Short Line Railroad Depot||August 5, 1999
|300 Depot Lane||Ontario|
|10||Oregon Trail Historic District||October 29, 1975
|5 miles (8.0 km) southeast of Vale at Lytle Blvd.||Vale|
|11||Owyhee Dam Historic District||September 23, 2010
|Owyhee Lake Road||Adrian vicinity||Historic district including Owyhee Dam|
|12||Pelota Fronton||May 19, 1972
|Bassett St. (U.S. 95)||Jordan Valley|
|13||Sheep Ranch Fortified House||November 1, 1974
|3192 Old I-O-N Highway||Arock vicinity|
|14||Al Thompson and Son's Feed and Seed Company||September 6, 1996
|117 Good Ave.||Nyssa|
|15||Vale Drug Store||September 6, 2002
|158 Main St. N.||Vale|
|16||Vale Hotel and Grand Opera House||August 1, 1984
|123 Main St. S.||Vale|
|17||Vinsonhaler Blacksmith Shop||September 6, 1996
|122 Good Ave.||Nyssa|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Vale Independent Order of Odd Fellows Hall||December 6, 2016|
|March 6, 2018||122 Main St. S.||Vale|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Oregon
- Listings in neighboring counties: Baker, Canyon, Grant, Harney, Humboldt, Owyhee, Payette, Washington
- Historic preservation
- History of Oregon
- Lists of Oregon-related topics
- Andrus, Patrick W.; Shrimpton, Rebecca H.; et al. (2002), How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation, National Register Bulletin (15), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 39493977, archived from the original on April 6, 2014, retrieved June 20, 2014.
- National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places Program: Research, archived from the original on February 1, 2015, retrieved January 28, 2015.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Oregon Historic Sites Database, retrieved August 6, 2015. Note that a simple count of National Register records in this database returns a slightly higher total than actual listings, due to duplicate records. A close reading of detailed query results is necessary to arrive at the precise count.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Malheur County Assessor (September 19, 2015), Assessment Search, archived from the original (online database) on September 19, 2015, retrieved September 19, 2015.