National Register of Historic Places listings in Marion County, South Carolina
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Marion County, South Carolina.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Marion County, South Carolina, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks. An additional 2 properties were once listed, but have been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||A.H. Buchan Company Building||August 3, 1984
|2||Dew Barn||August 3, 1984
|Northwest of Zion
|3||Dillard Barn||September 28, 2005
|719 Virginia Dr.
|4||Imperial Tobacco Company Building||August 3, 1984
|416 N. Mullins St.
|5||Liberty Warehouse||August 3, 1984
|6||Marion High School||June 6, 2001
|719 N. Main St.
||Marion||Former high school, now the headquarters for the Marion County School District|
|7||Marion Historic District||October 4, 1973
|Roughly bounded by E. and W. Dozier, N. Montgomery, W. Baptist, and N. Wilcox Sts.; also roughly bounded by Railroad and N. Wilcox Aves., N. Main and W. Dozier Sts., and Wheeler, Lee, and Arch Sts.
||Marion||Second set of boundaries represents a boundary increase of April 20, 1979|
|8||Mt. Olive Baptist Church||June 15, 2000
|301 Church St.
|9||Mullins Commercial Historic District||July 20, 2003
|Along portions of Main, Front, and W. Wine Sts.
|10||Neal and Dixon's Warehouse||August 3, 1984
|S. Main St.
|11||Old Ebenezer Church||March 30, 1973
|5 miles south of Latta on South Carolina Highway 38
|12||Rasor and Clardy Company Building||October 29, 1982
|202 S. Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Old Brick Warehouse||August 3, 1984
|August 9, 2016||Northwest corner of Main and Wine Sts.
|12||J.C. Teasley House||May 30, 2001
|August 9, 2016||131 E. Wine St.
||Mullins||Demolished in 2015|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Marion County, South Carolina.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in South Carolina
- National Register of Historic Places listings in South Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Marion County School District