National Register of Historic Places listings in McLennan County, Texas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in McLennan County, Texas.
This is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in McLennan County, Texas. There are four districts, 17 individual properties, and one former property listed on the National Register in the county. Two individually listed properties are State Antiquities Landmarks (SALs) including one that is also a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark (RTHL) along with seven other individual properties designated as RTHLs. Two districts contain several more RTHLs.
The publicly disclosed locations of National Register properties and districts may be seen in a mapping service provided.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company Building||May 26, 1983
|300 S. 5th St.||Waco||Part of Waco Downtown Historic District; currently houses the Dr Pepper Museum|
|2||Castle Heights Historic District||November 17, 2009
|Roughly bounded by Waco Dr. (U.S. Route 84), Oriental Rd., Franklin Ave., and 39th St.||Waco||Includes Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|3||Madison Cooper House||July 8, 1982
|1801 Austin Ave.||Waco|
|4||Earle-Napier-Kinnard House||March 11, 1971
|814 S. 4th St.||Waco||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|5||Forsgard Homestead||November 13, 2003
|1116-1122 N. 4th St.||Waco||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|6||Fort House||October 15, 1970
|503 E. 4th St.||Waco||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|7||Hippodrome||April 28, 1983
|724 Austin Ave.||Waco||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark; part of Waco Downtown Historic District|
|8||John Wesley Mann House||April 19, 1972
|100 Mill St.||Waco||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|9||McClennan County Courthouse||December 14, 1978
|Public Sq.||Waco||State Antiquities Landmark, Recorded Texas Historic Landmark; part of Waco Downtown Historic District|
|10||McCulloch House||September 14, 1972
|406 Columbus Ave.||Waco||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|11||McDermott Motors Building||January 14, 2004
|1125 Washington Ave.||Waco||Part of Waco Downtown Historic District|
|12||Praetorian Building||July 26, 1984
|601 Franklin Ave.||Waco||Part of Waco Downtown Historic District|
|13||Rotan-Dossett House||January 29, 1979
|1503 Columbus Ave.||Waco||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|14||Texas Textile Mills-L.L. Sams Company Historic District||December 13, 2004
|2100 River St.||Waco|
|15||Torrey's Trading House No. 2 Site||June 5, 1975
|16||Veterans Administration Hospital Historic District||July 18, 1994
|4800 Memorial Dr.||Waco|
|17||Waco Downtown Historic District||February 3, 2012
|Roughly bounded by Mary Ave., S. 14th St., Columbus Ave., and S. University Parks Dr.||Waco||Includes State Antiquities Landmark, Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks|
|18||Waco Drug Company||March 24, 2008
|225 S. 5th St.||Waco||Part of Waco Downtown Historic District|
|19||Waco High School||March 17, 2009
|815 Columbus||Waco||Part of Waco Downtown Historic District|
|20||Waco Suspension Bridge||June 22, 1970
|At Bridge St., over the Brazos River||Waco||State Antiquities Landmark|
|21||Washington Avenue Bridge||February 20, 1998
|Washington and Elm Aves. across the Brazos River||Waco|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Brown-Mann House||October 22, 1987|
|June 27, 2014||725 W. Sixth St.||McGregor||Destroyed by fire February 24, 2014|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in McLennan County
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 17, 2019.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Federal and state laws and practices restrict general public access to information regarding the specific location of this resource. In some cases, this is to protect archeological sites from vandalism, while in other cases it is restricted at the request of the owner. See: Knoerl, John; Miller, Diane; Shrimpton, Rebecca H. (1990), Guidelines for Restricting Information about Historic and Prehistoric Resources, National Register Bulletin (29), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 20706997.
- Dennis, Regina (February 26, 2014). "State fire officials to investigate blaze that destroyed 19th-century McGregor home". Waco Tribune-Herald. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in McLennan County, Texas at Wikimedia Commons