National Register of Historic Places listings in Medina County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Medina County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Medina County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 29 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Black River Viaduct, Baltimore and Ohio Railroad||May 6, 1976
|1 mi (1.6 km) west of Lodi off State Route 421||Harrisville Township|
|2||H.G. Blake House||September 30, 1982
|314 E. Washington St.||Medina|
|3||Burritt Blakslee House||December 4, 1974
|3756 Fenn Rd., northeast of Medina||Medina Township|
|4||George Burr House||May 3, 1976
|740 Wooster Rd.||Lodi|
|5||Matthew Chandler House||March 30, 1978
|South of Sharon Center at 6908 Ridge Rd.||Sharon Township|
|6||Zimri Cook House||June 22, 1976
|6999 Spieth Rd. in Lester||York Township|
|7||Charles Frank House and Store||September 5, 1975
|West of Valley City at the junction of State Route 303 and County Route 23||Liverpool Township|
|8||Jacob Gayer House||June 22, 1979
|North of Medina at 4508 Marks Rd.||Medina Township|
|9||Halsey Hulburt Homestead||December 1, 1988
|5484 Seville Rd., west of Seville||Guilford Township|
|10||King-Phillips-Deibel House||December 16, 1982
|506 N. Broadway St.||Medina|
|11||Medfair Heights Apartment Historic District||July 2, 2008
|221 N. State St.||Medina|
|12||Medina County Courthouse||July 16, 1970
|Liberty St. and Broadway, Public Sq.||Medina|
|13||Medina Farmers Exchange Co.||February 14, 2018
|320 S Court St.||Medina|
|14||Medina Masonic Temple and Medina Theater||October 22, 2002
|120 N. Elmwood Ave. and 139 W. Liberty St.||Medina||Torn down in late 2016|
|15||Medina Public Square Historic District||June 11, 1975
|Public Sq. and surrounding properties||Medina|
|16||Judge Albert Munson House||November 26, 1980
|141 S. Prospect St.||Medina||Previously located at 231 E. Washington St.; relocated to prevent destruction|
|17||Paleo Crossing Site||July 30, 1992
|Northwest of the junction of Ridgewood and State Rds.||Sharon Township|
|18||Parmelee House||November 29, 1979
|1328 W. River Rd. in Valley City||Liverpool Township|
|19||A.I. and E.R. Root Homestead||June 10, 1975
|662 W. Liberty St.||Medina|
|20||St. Mark's Episcopal Church||February 6, 1973
|146 College St.||Wadsworth|
|21||St. Martin's Catholic Church||November 12, 1975
|Southwest of Valley City on Station Rd. (County Road 23)||Liverpool Township|
|22||St. Paul's Episcopal Church||June 1, 1982
|317 E. Liberty St.||Medina|
|23||Seville Jail||September 26, 1997
|70 W. Main St.||Seville|
|24||William H. Seymour House||June 4, 1979
|3306 S. Weymouth Rd. at Weymouth||Medina Township|
|25||Sharon Center Public Square Historic District||October 3, 1980
|State Routes State Route 94 and 162 in Sharon Center||Sharon Township|
|26||Spring Grove Cemetery||June 7, 2006
|Spring Grove St.||Medina|
|27||Universalist Church Of Westfield Center||November 29, 1978
|LeRoy and Greenwich Rds.||Westfield Center|
|28||Wheeling and Lake Erie Railroad Depot||January 23, 2013
|204 Railroad St.||Lodi|
|29||York United Methodist Church||February 17, 1978
|Norwalk Rd. in Mallet Creek||York Township|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Brunswick Town Hall and School||Unavailable|
|1976||1380 Pearl Rd.||York Township|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Medina County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- https://www.nps.gov/subjects/nationalregister/weekly-list.htm "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions"]. National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 4, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Preserving Medina's Heritage Archived 2015-02-13 at the Wayback Machine., Medina Community Design Committee, n.d. Accessed 2013-09-09.
- Location derived from the Rose of Sharon Subdivision Preliminary Plan, Medina County Planning Commission, 2005-04-06. Accessed 2009-08-03. The NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted".