National Register of Historic Places listings in Mercer County, Pennsylvania
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Mercer County, Pennsylvania.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Mercer County, Pennsylvania, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 15 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Wendell August Forge||November 7, 1996
|620 Madison Street||Grove City|
|2||Big Bend Historical Area||April 21, 1975
|6 miles (9.7 km) northwest of Mercer on the Shenango River||Jefferson Township|
|3||Bridge in French Creek Township||June 22, 1988
|Legislative Route 43074 over French Creek near Carlton||French Creek Township|
|4||Frank H. Buhl Mansion||December 2, 1977
|422 East State Street||Sharon|
|5||First Universalist Church of Sharpsville||May 29, 2003
|131 North Mercer Avenue||Sharpsville|
|6||Gibson House||December 1, 1978
|210 Liberty Street||Jamestown|
|7||Greenville Commercial Historic District||August 10, 2000
|Centered on Main, Canal, and Clinton Streets||Greenville|
|8||Johnston's Tavern||March 24, 1972
|6 miles (9.7 km) south of Mercer on U.S. Route 19||Springfield Township|
|9||Kidd's Mills Covered Bridge Historic District||December 2, 1974
|5 miles (8.0 km) south of Greenville off Pennsylvania Route 58||Pymatuning Township|
|10||Christiana Lindsey House||January 15, 1998
|313 East Butler Street||Mercer|
|11||Mercer County Court House||November 12, 1998
|Roughly along Diamond, Erie and Pitt Streets||Mercer|
|12||New Hamburg Historical Area||December 2, 1974
|7 miles south of Greenville off Pennsylvania Route 58||Delaware Township|
|13||Jonas J. Pierce House||October 24, 1996
|18 East Shenango Street||Sharpsville|
|14||Quaker Bridge||June 22, 1988
|Legislative Route 43135 over the Little Shenango River near Greenville||Hempfield Township|
|15||Alexander P. and James S. Waugh House||April 23, 1998
|23 West Main Street||Greenville|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Mercer County, Pennsylvania.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Pennsylvania
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Pennsylvania
- List of Pennsylvania state historical markers in Mercer County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on November 9, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.