National Register of Historic Places listings in Mercer County, West Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Mercer County, West Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Mercer County, West Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Barbour - Berkeley - Boone - Braxton - Brooke - Cabell - Calhoun - Clay - Doddridge - Fayette - Gilmer - Grant - Greenbrier - Hampshire - Hancock - Hardy - Harrison - Jackson - Jefferson - Kanawha - Lewis - Lincoln - Logan - Marion - Marshall - Mason - McDowell - Mercer - Mineral - Mingo - Monongalia - Monroe - Morgan - Nicholas - Ohio - Pendleton - Pleasants - Pocahontas - Preston - Putnam - Raleigh - Randolph - Ritchie - Roane - Summers - Taylor - Tucker - Tyler - Upshur - Wayne - Webster - Wetzel - Wirt - Wood - Wyoming
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bluefield Downtown Commercial Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Princeton Ave. and Scott, High, and Russell Sts.
|2||Bramwell Historic District||
|Main, Rose, Bloch, Duhring, Wyatt, Church, and N. and S. River Sts.
|3||Bramwell Additions Historic District||
|Along Bluestone Ave. SW of US 92, also two discontiguous areas N and W along the Bluestone R.; Parts of Bluestone Ave., Clifton St., Renova St., Simmons Ave., Simmons St. and Spring St.
|4||Country Club Hill Historic District||
|Along Whitethorn, Lebanon and Liberty Sts.
|1500 College Ave.
|6||Col. William Henderson French House||
|South of Athens off WV 20
|7||Dr. James W. Hale House||
|1034 Mercer St.
|300 Sussex St.
|9||Jefferson Street Historic District||
|Along Jefferson St. between Cumberland Rd. and College Ave.
|10||Dr. Robert B. McNutt House||
|1522 N. Walker St.
|11||Mercer County Courthouse||
|12||Mercer Street Historic District||
|Mercer St. between N. 1st St. and North St.
|514 Bland St.
|14||President's House, Bluefield State College||
|15||South Bluefield Historic District||
|Along Mountain View Rd., Bland Rd., Oakhurst, and Parkway
|16||Upper Oakhurst Historic District||
|Along Oakhurst Ave., Groveland Dr., Edgewood Rd., and Mountain View Rd.
|17||Virginian Railway Yard Historic District||
|0.5 mi (0.80 km) north of junction of WV 20 and railroad tracks
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Mercer County, West Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in West Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in West Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 10, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.