National Register of Historic Places listings in Miami County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Miami County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties on the National Register of Historic Places in Miami County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 15 properties listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark. One property was listed, but has since been removed.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||B-17G "Flying Fortress" No. 44-83690||June 29, 1993
|Heritage Museum Foundation, off U.S. Route 31 at Grissom Air Force Base||Pipe Creek Township|
|2||Brownell Block/Senger Dry Goods Company Building||September 1, 1983
|Broadway and 5th Sts.||Peru|
|3||James Omar Cole House||March 1, 1984
|27 E. 3rd St.||Peru|
|4||Converse Commercial Historic District||December 27, 2016
|4 blocks along Jefferson between Marion and 1st Sts., and 1 block of E. Railroad St.||Converse|
|5||Converse Depot||March 3, 1995
|203 E. Railroad St.||Converse|
|6||Converse-Jackson Township Public Library||March 12, 1999
|100 S. Jefferson St.||Converse|
|7||Eikenberry Bridge||September 20, 2006
|County Road 100E over the Eel River, southwest of Chili||Richland Township|
|8||Francis Godfroy Cemetery||March 1, 1984
|State Road 124, east of Peru||Butler Township|
|9||Terrell Jacobs Circus Winter Quarters||April 5, 2012
|6125 U.S. Route 31, south of Peru||Pipe Creek Township|
|10||Miami County Courthouse||March 19, 2008
|11||Peru Courthouse Square Historic District||May 23, 2018
|Roughly bounded by the Wabash River and Wabash, 7th, and Miami Sts.||Peru|
|12||Peru High School Historic District||January 9, 2013
|80 W. 6th St.||Peru|
|13||Shirk-Edwards House||September 14, 1995
|50 N. Hood St.||Peru|
|14||Wallace Circus and American Circus Corporation Winter Quarters||February 27, 1987
|2.5 miles (4.0 km) southeast of Peru||Butler Township|
|15||Westleigh Farms||September 28, 2003
|2107 S. Frances Slocum Trail, east of Peru||Butler Township|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Paw Paw Creek Bridge No. 52||September 30, 1983|
|October 13, 2015||Paw Paw Pike, northeast of Chili||Richland Township|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Miami County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Miami County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 21, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.