National Register of Historic Places listings in Middletown, Rhode Island
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of Registered Historic Places in Middletown, Rhode Island, which has been transferred from and is an integral part of National Register of Historic Places listings in Newport County, Rhode Island.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bailey Farm||June 4, 1984
|373 Wyatt Rd.||Middletown|
|2||Boyd's Windmill||January 26, 2001
|3||Clambake Club of Newport||November 7, 1995
|353 Tuckerman Ave.||Middletown|
|4||Gardiner Pond Shell Midden||April 12, 1985
|On the grounds of the Norman Bird Sanctuary||Middletown|
|5||Hamilton Hoppin House||August 16, 1996
|120 Miantonomi Ave.||Middletown|
|6||Lyman C. Josephs House||May 2, 1975
|438 Walcott Ave.||Middletown||Incorrectly listed as "Lyman C. Joseph House".|
|7||Dennis J. Murphy House at Ogden Farm||December 13, 2007
|641 Mitchell's Ln.||Middletown|
|8||Paradise School||May 5, 1978
|Paradise and Prospect Aves.||Middletown|
|9||Smith–Gardiner–Norman Farm Historic District||June 16, 2008
|583 Third Beach Rd.||Middletown||Centerpiece of the Norman Bird Sanctuary.|
|10||St. George's School–Church of St. George, Little Chapel, and Memorial Schoolhouse||November 12, 2004
|372 Purgatory Rd.||Middletown|
|11||Stonybrook Estate Historic District||September 1, 2009
|501-521 Indian Ave. and 75 Vaucluse Ave.||Middletown|
|12||Taylor–Chase–Smythe House||August 30, 1989
|Chase Ln., Naval Education and Training Center||Middletown|
|13||Whitehall||April 28, 1970
|14||Witherbee School||November 27, 1989
|Green End Ave.||Middletown||part of the Middletown MPS|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Newport County, Rhode Island
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Rhode Island
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 12, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Norman Bird Sanctuary Trail Map" (PDF). Norman Bird Sanctuary. Retrieved 2014-10-20.