National Register of Historic Places listings in Noble County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Noble County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Noble County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 15 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Ahavas Shalom Reform Temple||June 16, 1983
|503 S. Main St.||Ligonier|
|2||Albion Courthouse Square Historic District||December 31, 2013
|Roughly bounded by Highland, Oak, and Hazel Sts., and the alley east of Orange St.||Albion|
|3||Cromwell Historic District||September 14, 2015
|Jefferson between 2nd & Orange Sts.||Cromwell|
|4||Iddings-Gilbert-Leader-Anderson Block||July 21, 1987
|105-113 N. Main St.||Kendallville|
|5||Jefferson Union Church and Sweet Cemetery||March 24, 2010
|3015 E415N, east of Albion||Jefferson Township|
|6||Kendallville Downtown Historic District||December 23, 2003
|Roughly bounded by Harris and Rush Sts. and the alleys east and west of Main||Kendallville|
|7||Kneipp Springs Historic District||March 6, 2018
|2725 & 2730 E Northport Rd.||Rome City|
|8||Ligonier Historic District||October 23, 1987
|Roughly bounded by the former Conrail right-of-way and Smith, Union, College, and Grand Sts.||Ligonier|
|9||Luckey Hospital||March 20, 2013
|Junction of U.S. Route 33 and State Road 109 at Wolf Lake||Noble Township|
|10||Noble County Courthouse||May 12, 1981
|11||Noble County Sheriff's House and Jail||December 27, 1982
|W. Main and Oak Sts.||Albion|
|12||Stanley School-District No. 2||December 16, 2014
|S300E south of Albion||Green Township|
|13||Gene Stratton-Porter Cabin||June 27, 1974
|Southeast of Rome City off State Road 9||Orange Township|
|14||Stone's Trace||May 24, 1984
|U.S. Route 33 and State Road 5, south of Ligonier||Sparta Township|
|15||Jacob Straus House||June 4, 1979
|210 S. Main St.||Ligonier|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Noble County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Noble County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 10, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.