National Register of Historic Places listings in Nome Census Area, Alaska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Nome Census Area, Alaska.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Nome Census Area, Alaska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the census area, including 3 National Historic Landmarks. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Anvil Creek Gold Discovery Site||
|4.25 miles north of Nome on the Seward Peninsula at Anvil Creek
|2||Jacob Berger House||
|3||Bureau of Indian Affairs Unalakleet School||
|Unalakleet spit at the mouth of the Unalakleet River
|4||Cape Nome Mining District Discovery Sites||
|Nome beach and sites along Anvil Creek
|5||Cape Nome Roadhouse||
|East of Nome at mile 14 of the Nome-Council Highway
|6||Council City and Solomon River Railroad||
|Mile 31 of the Nome-Council Highway
|1st and D Sts.
|Between Imuruk Lake and the north coast of Seward Peninsula
||Deering||A 38-mile canal dug to provide water for placer mining.|
|9||Fort St. Michael||
|At St. Michael Bay
||St. Lawrence Island|
|On the northwest shore of Cape Denbigh on Norton Bay
||Cape Denbigh Peninsula|
|12||Erik Lindblom Placer Claim||
|North of Nome
|13||Norge Storage Site||
||Teller||Warehouse where remains of the Arctic airship Norge were stored after its 1926 overflight of the North Pole.|
|14||Old St. Joseph's Catholic Church||
|Bering and Seppala Sts.
|15||Pilgrim Hot Springs||
|East of Teller on Kugarock Rd.
|16||St. Michael Redoubt Site||
|17||Snow Creek Placer Claim No. 1||
|North of Nome at Snow Gulch
|Mile 1 of the Nome-Council Highway
|20||Teller Mission Orphanage||
|Junction of Shelman Creek Rd. and Mission St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||LT. C. V. DONALDSON||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Nome Census Area, Alaska.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alaska
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alaska
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- This location is derived from its National Historic Landmark data page; the NRIS lists it as "Address Restricted"