National Register of Historic Places listings in Northampton County, Virginia
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Northampton County, Virginia. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Almshouse Farm at Machipongo||
|12402 Lankford Hwy.
|2||Arlington Archeological Site||
|3||Benjamin's Department Store||
|3327 Main St.
|4||James Brown's Dry Goods Store||
|16464 Courthouse Rd.
|Southwest of the junction of Rtes. 608 and 600
|6||Cape Charles Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Washington, Bay and Mason Aves. and Fig St.
|7||Cape Charles Light Station||
|16546 Courthouse Rd.
|9||John W. Chandler House||
|3342 Main St.
|Northwest of the junction of Rtes. 644 and 645
|11||Eastville Historic District||
|Area includes VA 13, Old Town Neck Dr., Courthouse Rd., Willow Oak Rd., Rockefellow La., and Stumptown Dr.
|16429 Courthouse Rd.
|North of the junction of Rte. 680 and U.S. 13
|14||Glebe of Hungar's Parish||
|Northwest of the junction of Rtes. 622 and 619
|Grapeland Circle, north of Wardtown
|East of the junction of Rtes. 619 and 622
|18||Northampton County Courthouse Historical District||
|East by VA 13 & extending from VA 13 0.1 miles (0.16 km) west, & extending from the intersection of Rt. 631 0.1 miles (0.16 km) north & 0.1 miles (0.16 km) south
|19||Northampton Lumber Company Historic District||
|Junction of VA 912 & US 13
|VA 630 north side, 1 mile (1.6 km) west of the junction with US 13
|South of the junction of Rtes. 689 and 628
|16237 Courthouse Rd.
|Southeast of Cape Charles off VA 642
|24||Upper Ridge Site||
|South of the junction of Rtes. 619 and 657
|West of Bridgetown off VA 619
|Northeast of the junction of Rtes. 619 and 622
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||NW of junction of Routes 630 and US 13
||Eastville||Destroyed by fire in 1975|
||SE of jct. of Rtes. 183 and 691
||Eastville||Destroyed by fire|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Northampton County, Virginia.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 17, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from its coordinates; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted" but provides coordinates