National Register of Historic Places listings in Nueces County, Texas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Nueces County, Texas.
This is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Nueces County, Texas. There are one district and 17 individual properties listed on the National Register in the county. The district and one individual property are National Historic Landmarks while nine other properties are Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks including one that is also a State Antiquities Landmark.
The locations of National Register properties and districts may be seen in a mapping service provided.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||600 Building||March 22, 2016
|600 Leopard Street||Corpus Christi|
|2||Britton-Evans House||December 12, 1976
|411 N. Upper Broadway||Corpus Christi||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark; also known as the Centennial House|
|3||Broadway Bluff Improvement||October 11, 1988
|Roughly bounded by Upper and Lower Broadway, I-37, Mann and Mesquite Sts.||Corpus Christi||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|4||Galvan Ballroom||June 3, 2015
|1632 Agnes||Corpus Christi|
|5||Simon Gugenheim House||March 10, 1983
|1601 N. Chaparral St.||Corpus Christi||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|6||King Ranch||October 15, 1966
|Kingsville and its environs||Kingsville||Extends into Kenedy, Kleberg, and Willacy counties|
|7||Richard King House||March 17, 1993
|611 S. Upper Broadway||Corpus Christi||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|8||S. Julius Lichtenstein House||March 10, 1983
|1617 N. Chaparral St.||Corpus Christi||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark; now the Institute of Hispanic Culture|
|9||Old Bayview Cemetery||October 21, 2020
|Ramirez St. at Padre St.||Corpus Christi|
|10||Old Nueces County Courthouse||June 24, 1976
|701 Mesquite at Belden Sts.||Corpus Christi||State Antiquities Landmark, Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|11||Old St. Anthony's Catholic Church||September 7, 1979
|S. Violet Rd. and TX 44||Violet||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|12||Oso Dune Site (41NU37)||August 23, 1985
|Address restricted||Corpus Christi|
|13||Wynn Seale Junior High School||February 16, 1996
|1701 Ayers St.||Corpus Christi||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|14||Sherman Building||October 28, 2010
|317 Peoples St.||Corpus Christi|
|15||Charlotte Sidbury House||March 10, 1983
|1609 N. Chaparral St.||Corpus Christi||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|16||Tarpon Inn||September 14, 1979
|200 E. Cotter St||Port Aransas|
|17||Tucker Site (41NU46)||August 29, 1985
|Address restricted||Corpus Christi|
|18||USS Lexington||July 31, 2003
|USS Lexington Museum on the Bay, 2914 North Shoreline Blvd.||Corpus Christi|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Texas
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Texas
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in Nueces County
- National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior, "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions", retrieved November 18, 2022.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Federal and state laws and practices restrict general public access to information regarding the specific location of this resource. In some cases, this is to protect archeological sites from vandalism, while in other cases it is restricted at the request of the owner. See: Knoerl, John; Miller, Diane; Shrimpton, Rebecca H. (1990), Guidelines for Restricting Information about Historic and Prehistoric Resources, National Register Bulletin, National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 20706997.
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Nueces County, Texas at Wikimedia Commons