National Register of Historic Places listings in Owen County, Kentucky
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Owen County, Kentucky.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Owen County, Kentucky, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Mason Brown House||April 27, 1998
|0.5 miles east of end of Brown's Bottom Rd.
|2||Byrns Landing||August 19, 1997
|Old Landing Rd.
|3||Central Owenton Historic District||September 4, 1984
|Roughly Bryan, Madison, Seminary, and Thomas Sts.
|4||L.O. Cox House||September 4, 1984
|311 N. Main St.
|5||Ford House||September 4, 1984
|311 S. Main St.
|6||Enos Hardin Farm||August 8, 1997
|Junction of Rock Rd. and the Kentucky River
|7||Highfield||November 17, 1977
|303 N. Adams St.
|8||Jacob Hunter House||January 8, 1987
|Off Kentucky Route 325 near the Big South Fork of the Kentucky River
|9||William Linsey House||September 4, 1984
|220 W. Seminary St.
|10||McKay House||September 4, 1984
|105 E. Adair St.
|11||Monterey Grade School||August 19, 1997
|9725 U.S. Route 127 S.
|12||Monterey Historic District||August 19, 1997
|Roughly bounded by U.S. Route 127, High, Hillcrest, and Taylor Sts.
|13||New Liberty Historic District||January 4, 2001
|Kentucky Route 227, roughly between Kentucky Routes 36 and 978
|14||North Main-North Adams Historic District||September 4, 1984
|N. Main, N. Adams, Bryan, and North Sts.
|15||Old Cedar Baptist Church||September 5, 1997
|1040 Claxon Ridge Rd.
|16||Owen County Courthouse and Jail||May 6, 1976
|N. Thomas and N. Madison Sts.
|17||E.E. Settle House||September 4, 1984
|403-405 N. Adams St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Owen County, Kentucky.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kentucky
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Kentucky
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.