National Register of Historic Places listings in Owyhee County, Idaho
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Owyhee County, Idaho.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Owyhee County, Idaho, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. More may be added; properties and districts nationwide are added to the Register weekly.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bernard's Ferry||May 22, 1978
|North of Murphy off State Highway 78||Murphy|
|2||Bruneau Episcopal Church||November 17, 1982
|Off State Highway 51||Bruneau|
|3||Camas and Pole Creeks Archeological District||May 28, 1986
|Address Restricted||Wagon Box Basin|
|4||Camp Lyon Site||December 27, 1972
|1 mile east of U.S. Route 95||Reynolds|
|5||Camp Three Forks||December 15, 1972
|South of Silver City||Silver City|
|6||Delamar Historic District||May 13, 1976
|6 miles west of Silver City||Silver City||A mining ghost town|
|7||Guffey Butte – Black Butte Archeological District||October 10, 1978
|Along approximately 34 miles (55 km) of the Snake River in Canyon, Ada, Owyhee, and Elmore counties||Grand View|
|8||James E. and Emma Gusman Ranch||December 9, 1999
|South Mountain Rd.||Jordan Valley, Oregon, vicinity|
|9||Noble Horse Barn||August 7, 1991
|Reynolds Creek 12 miles southwest of Murphy||Murphy|
|10||Our Lady, Queen of Heaven Church||November 28, 1980
|Oreana Loop Rd.||Oreana|
|11||Owyhee County Courthouse||November 17, 1982
|State Highway 78||Murphy|
|12||Poison Creek Stage Station||May 22, 1978
|South of Homedale off Jump Creek Rd.||Homedale|
|13||Silver City Historic District||May 19, 1972
|Silver City and its environs||Silver City|
|14||Wickahoney Post Office and Stage Station||May 27, 1982
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Owyhee County, Idaho.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service. Retrieved March 29, 2009.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 7, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Some listings on the NRHP are highly sensitive sites and may be subject to looting or vandalism. The NRHP lists this site as "Address Restricted."
- Map #8 - Guffey Butte / Black Butte Historical District (PDF) (Map). Bureau of Land Management. January 28, 2011. Retrieved March 14, 2015. Coordinates mark the approximate midpoint of the portion of the historic district in Owyhee County.