National Register of Historic Places listings in Passaic County, New Jersey
|Atlantic - Bergen - Burlington - Camden - Cape May - Cumberland - Essex - Gloucester - Hudson - Hunterdon - Mercer - Middlesex - Monmouth - Morris - Ocean - Passaic - Salem - Somerset - Sussex - Union - Warren|
This is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Passaic County, New Jersey. The locations of National Register properties and districts (at least for all showing latitude and longitude coordinates below) may be seen in a Google map by clicking on "Map of all coordinates".
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Ailsa Farms||April 30, 1976
|300 Pompton Rd.
||Wayne||The Ailsa Farms estate is now William Paterson University. The estate's house (Haledon Hall) has been restored as Hobart Manor.|
|2||Aycrigg Mansion||April 29, 1982
|Main Ave. and Temple Pl.
|3||Belle Vista||June 3, 1976
|Valley Rd. in Garret Mountain Reservation
|4||Botany Worsted Mills Historic District||July 26, 1991
|80-82 and 90 Dayton Ave. and 6-32 Mattimore St.
|5||Pietro Botto House||July 30, 1974
|83 Norwood St.
||Haledon||Also known as Pietro and Maria Botto House|
|6||Cathedral of St. John the Baptist||December 16, 1977
|Main and Grand Sts.
|7||Clinton Furnace||June 18, 1976
|Off NJ 23 at Clinton Reservoir
|8||Frederick William Cooke Residence||July 8, 1982
||Paterson||Destroyed by fire in 1991.|
|9||Danforth Memorial Library||March 1, 1984
|10||Dey Mansion||December 18, 1970
|199 Totowa Rd.
|11||Dundee Canal Industrial Historic District||January 21, 1999
|George St., N along Dundee Canal, approx. 1.2 mi. to headgates opposite E. Clifton Ave.
|12||Eastside Park Historic District||July 7, 2004
|Roughly bounded by 20th, Vreeland, and 11th Aves., E. 33rd St. and Mclean Bvd.
|13||John W. Ferguson House||May 23, 1980
|421 12th Ave.
||Paterson||Demolished in 1988.|
|14||Goffle Brook Park||November 1, 2002
|Goffle Rd., bet. Lafayette and MacFarlan Ave.
|15||Great Falls of Paterson/S.U.M. Historic District||April 17, 1970
|At Passaic River
|16||Hinchliffe Stadium||March 22, 2004
|Maple and Liberty Sts., overlooking the Great Falls of the Passaic
||Paterson||Listed as "National Register of Historic Places - Local Significance."
This error was never corrected.
|17||Kossuth Street School||April 10, 1980
|47 Kossuth St.
|18||Long Pond Ironworks||January 11, 1974
|NE of West Milford on NJ 511
|19||Morris Canal||October 1, 1974
|Irregular line beginning at Phillipsburg and ending at Jersey City
|20||Passaic County Court House and United States Custom House and Post Office Historic District||July 21, 2015
|73-87, 63-65 Hamilton St.
|21||Passaic Elks Club||December 28, 2005
|29-31 Howe Ave.
|22||Paterson City Hall||March 10, 1995
|155 Market St.
|23||Paterson Downtown Commercial Historic District||February 12, 1999
|Roughly bounded by Patterson, Ward and Gross Sts., and Hamilton Ave.
|24||Public School Number Two||March 8, 1978
|Mill and Passaic Sts.
|25||John W. Rea House||September 17, 1999
|675 Goffle Rd.
|26||Reinhardt Mills||May 9, 2003
|283-297 21st Ave., 122-136 20th Ave., 46-72 Gray St., 45-67 State St.
|27||Ringwood Manor||November 13, 1966
|3 mi. E of Hewitt, Ringwood Manor State Park
|28||Schuyler-Colfax House||April 3, 1973
|2343 Paterson Hamburg Tpke.
|29||Skylands||September 28, 1990
|Ringwood State Park
|30||Reynier Speer House||July 18, 1985
|612 Upper Mountain Ave.
|31||St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church||May 7, 1982
|140 Lexington Ave.
|32||St. Michael's Roman Catholic Church||December 15, 1978
|74 Cianci St.
|33||St. Nicholas Roman Catholic Church||May 14, 1979
|Washington, State and Ann Sts.
|34||Daniel Thompson and John Ryle Houses||July 30, 1981
|8 and 9 Mill St.
|35||U.S. Animal Quarantine Station||October 9, 1981
|36||Van Riper-Hopper House||August 21, 1972
|533 Berdan Ave.
|37||John and Anna Vreeland House||May 13, 1982
|971 Valley Rd.
|38||Westside Park||March 7, 1973
|114 Totowa Ave.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Van Duyne House||1971
|1976||636 Fairfield Rd.
||Mountain View||Relocated to 533 Berdan Ave., Wanye, in 1974 due to relocation of NJ 23, and was delisted due to relocation.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Passaic County, New Jersey.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New Jersey
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New Jersey
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2010-04-29. Accessed June 29, 2010
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-08-19. Retrieved 2010-04-29. Accessed June 29, 2010.