National Register of Historic Places listings in Polk County, Oregon
This list presents the full set of buildings, structures, objects, sites, or districts designated on the National Register of Historic Places in Polk County, Oregon, and offers brief descriptive information about each of them. The National Register recognizes places of national, state, or local historic significance across the United States. Out of over 90,000 National Register sites nationwide, Oregon is home to over 2,000, and 29 of those are found in Polk County.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Beulah Methodist Episcopal Church||
|242 North Main
|2||Harrison Brunk House||
|Brunks Corner and Oregon Route 22
|3||James S. and Jennie M. Cooper House||
|242 D Street
|4||Joseph and Priscilla Craven House||
|858 E. Main St.
|505 SW Levens St.
|6||Dr. John E. and Mary D. Davidson House||
|887 Monmouth St.
|7||Walter J. Domes House||
|8240 Pacific Hwy. W.
|8||Kersey C. Eldridge House||
|675 Monmouth St.
|9||Fort Yamhill Site||
|32130–37008 3 Rivers Highway
|10||Grand Ronde Rail Depot||
|8615 Grand Ronde Road
|391 E. Jackson St.
|12||Jesse and Julia Harritt House||
|2280 Wallace Rd. NW
|13||John W. Howell House||
|212 N. Knox St.
|14||Independence Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Butler, Main, G, and Ninth Sts.
|15||Independence National Bank||
|302 S. Main St.
|8900 Parker Rd.
|17||John Phillips House||
|Northwest of Salem on Spring Valley Rd.
|18||Polk County Bank||
|295 E. Main St.
|11510 Pedee Creek Rd.
|20||Ritner Creek Bridge||
|South of Pedee
|21||Saint Patrick's Roman Catholic Church||
|330 Monmouth St.
|22||Edward W. St. Pierre House||
|2425 Eola Dr.
|23||Eleanor Sherman House||
|175 N. Craven St.
|24||Spring Valley Presbyterian Church||
|Southeast of McCoy
|25||Union Street Railroad Bridge and Trestle||
|Junction of Union and Water Streets, NE (See also Marion County.)
|26||George A. Wells Jr. House||
|10635 Buena Vista Rd.
|27||Old West Salem City Hall||
|1320 Edgewater St. NW
|28||J. A. Wheeler House||
|386 Monmouth St.
|29||A. K. Wilson Building||
|887 Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Pumping Station Bridge||
||SW of Ellendale
||Ellendale vicinity||Collapsed in 1987|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Oregon
- Listings in neighboring counties: Benton, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, Tillamook, Yamhill
- Historic preservation
- History of Oregon
- Lists of Oregon-related topics
- Andrus, Patrick W.; Shrimpton, Rebecca H.; et al. (2002), How to Apply the National Register Criteria for Evaluation, National Register Bulletin (15), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 39493977, archived from the original on April 6, 2014, retrieved June 20, 2014.
- National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places Program: Research, archived from the original on February 1, 2015, retrieved January 28, 2015.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Oregon Historic Sites Database, retrieved August 6, 2015. Note that a simple count of National Register records in this database returns a slightly higher total than actual listings, due to duplicate records. A close reading of detailed query results is necessary to arrive at the precise count.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 24, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Oneill, Therese (January 31, 2010), "Pink House Cafe offers big time elegance in a small town", WillametteLive.com (review), archived from the original on December 24, 2013, retrieved October 4, 2013.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Fort Yamhill State Heritage Area, retrieved September 11, 2014.
- Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, National Register Program
- National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places site
- Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Polk County, Oregon at Wikimedia Commons