National Register of Historic Places listings in Presidio County, Texas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places in Presidio County, Texas
This is intended to be a complete list of properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Presidio County, Texas. There are five districts and six individual properties listed on the National Register in the county. One site is also a Texas State Historic Site while four others are Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks including one State Antiquities Landmark.
The publicly disclosed locations of National Register properties and districts may be seen in a mapping service provided.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Building 98, Fort D.A. Russell||February 25, 2004
|W. Bonnie St.||Marfa||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|2||El Fortin del Cibolo Historic District||April 6, 1995
|Approximately 4 mi (6.4 km) northwest of Shafter, west of US 67||Shafter||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark; now part of Cibolo Creek Ranch|
|3||El Paisano Hotel||August 1, 1978
|N. Highland St. and W. Texas St.||Marfa||Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|4||Fort D.A. Russell Historic District||December 14, 2006
|Roughly bounded by Ridge, El Paso, Kelly streets, US 67, and RM 2810||Marfa||Now the Chinati Foundation|
|5||Fort Leaton||June 18, 1973
|4 mi (6.4 km) east of Presidio on FM 170||Presidio||State Historic Site (TPWD)|
|6||Fortin de la Cienega||October 8, 1976
|15 mi (24 km) northeast of Shafter on Cienega Creek||Shafter||Now part of Cibolo Creek Ranch|
|7||La Junta de los Rios Archeological District||February 14, 1978
|8||La Morita Historic District||April 6, 1995
|Approximately 5 mi (8.0 km) southwest of Shafter, east of US 67||Shafter||Now part of Cibolo Creek Ranch|
|9||Presidio County Courthouse||December 20, 1977
|Public Square||Marfa||State Antiquities Landmark; Recorded Texas Historic Landmark|
|10||Shafter Historic Mining District||May 17, 1976
|20 mi (32 km) north of Presidio on US 67||Shafter|
|11||Tapalcomes||March 25, 1977
|Address restricted||Redford||Polvo site (41PS21)|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Texas
- List of Texas State Historic Sites
- Recorded Texas Historic Landmarks in Presidio County
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 9, 2019.
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Federal and state laws and practices restrict general public access to information regarding the specific location of this resource. In some cases, this is to protect archeological sites from vandalism, while in other cases it is restricted at the request of the owner. See: Knoerl, John; Miller, Diane; Shrimpton, Rebecca H. (1990), Guidelines for Restricting Information about Historic and Prehistoric Resources, National Register Bulletin (29), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 20706997.
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Presidio County, Texas at Wikimedia Commons