National Register of Historic Places listings in Prince Edward County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Prince Edward County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Prince Edward County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 15 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 2 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Briery Church||November 29, 1969
|Northwest of the junction of U.S. Route 15 and Briery Rd.||Briery|
|2||Buffalo Presbyterian Church||April 7, 1995
|Buffalo Church Rd., 0.3 miles (0.48 km) south of its junction with Five Forks Rd.||Pamplin|
|3||Debtor's Prison||September 22, 1972
|U.S. Route 15||Worsham|
|4||Falkland||June 22, 1979
|Northwest of Meherrin on Falkland Rd.||Redd Shop|
|5||Farmville Historic District||October 30, 1989
|Roughly bounded by Main, Venable, High, Ely, and School Sts., 1st Ave., Irving St., 2nd Ave., Oak, W. 3rd, and Mill Sts.||Farmville|
|6||First Baptist Church||February 27, 2013
|100 S. Main St.||Farmville|
|7||Hampden-Sydney College Historic District||February 26, 1970
|Bounded approximately by the Hampden-Sydney College campus||Hampden-Sydney|
|8||High Bridge||September 12, 2008
|Appomattox River||Farmville||Extends into Cumberland County|
|9||Longwood House||March 8, 1984
|10||Robert Russa Moton Boyhood Home||April 11, 2014
|4162 Lockett Rd., about 10 miles (16 km) from Rice||Rice|
|11||Robert Russa Moton High School||October 24, 1995
|Junction of S. Main St. and Griffin Boulevard||Farmville|
|12||Old Prince Edward County Clerk's Office||September 10, 1979
|U.S. Route 15||Worsham|
|13||Sayler's Creek Battlefield||February 4, 1985
|Sayler's Creek, James Town, and Bunker Hill Rds.||Farmville|
|14||Twin Lakes State Park||October 31, 2012
|788 Twin Lakes Rd.||Green Bay|
|15||Worsham High School||June 24, 2010
|8832 Abilene Rd.||Farmville|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Prince Edward County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 13, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.