National Register of Historic Places listings in Rappahannock County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Rappahannock County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Rappahannock County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 18 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Ben Venue||December 28, 1979
|Northeast of Washington on Ben Venue Rd.
|2||Ben Venue Rural Historic District||February 2, 2016
|Ben Venue Rd. and Williams Farm, Fogg Mountain, Hickerson Mountain, and Points of View Lns.
|3||Caledonia Farm||December 28, 1990
|Junction of Dearing and Fodderstack Rds.
|4||Calvert Mill/Washington Mill||September 2, 1982
|East of Washington on U.S. Route 211
|5||George L. Carder House||December 14, 2004
|456 Scrabble Rd.
|6||Flint Hill Baptist Church||December 1, 1997
|0.3 miles (0.48 km) north of the junction of U.S. Route 522 and Ben Venue Rd.
|7||Flint Hill Historic District||January 27, 2012
|Junction of U.S. Route 522 and Fodderstack, Crest Hill, and Ben Venue Rds.
|8||Laurel Mills Historic District||November 27, 2004
|Roughly bounded by Laurel Mills Rd., the Thornton River, and Laurel Mills Farm
|9||Locust Grove-R.E. Luttrell Farmstead||May 28, 2013
|24 Bunree Ln.
|10||Meadow Grove Farm||September 5, 2006
|21 Meadow Grove Ln.
|11||John W. Miller House||January 3, 1991
|Junction of Slate Mills and Round Hill Rds.
|12||Montpelier||April 11, 1973
|South of Sperryville on State Route 231
|13||Mount Salem Baptist Meetinghouse||May 24, 1979
|Southeast of Washington on Long Mountain Rd.
|14||Scrabble School||October 31, 2007
|111 Scrabble Rd.
|15||Skyline Drive Historic District||April 28, 1997
|Shenandoah National Park, from the north entrance station at Front Royal to the south entrance station at Rockfish Gap
|16||Sperryville Historic District||February 10, 1983
|U.S. Route 522, Woodward Rd., and Main and Water Sts.
|17||Sunnyside||November 27, 2004
|186 Sunnyside Orchard Ln.
|18||Washington Historic District||May 28, 1975
|Parts of Main St., Piedmont Ave., and Calvert, Middle and Porter Sts.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Rappahannock County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 12, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.