National Register of Historic Places listings in Ripley County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Ripley County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties on the National Register of Historic Places in Ripley County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 13 properties listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Central Batesville Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Catherine, Vine, and Boehringer Sts., and Eastern Ave.
|State Road 229
|3||Collin's Ford Bridge||
|Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge, approximately 0.75 miles west of New Marion
|4||Elias Conwell House||
|Wilson St. and U.S. Route 421
|5||Marble Creek Bridge||
|Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge, approximately 0.75 miles west of the junction of G and W. Recovery Rds.
|6||Milan Masonic Lodge No. 31||
|312 Main St.
|Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge, approximately 0.5 miles southeast of the junction of K Rd. and Northeast Exit
|8||John Linsey Rand House||
|Southwestern corner of the junction of State Road 62 and Maxine Moss Dr. at Friendship
|9||Ripley County Courthouse||
|115 N. Main St.
|10||Straber Ford Bridge||
|County Road 500N over Otter Creek, northwest of Osgood
|11||Fernando G. Taylor House||
|Northeastern corner of Main and Tyson Sts.
|12||Tyson United Methodist Church||
|324 W. Tyson St.
|13||Versailles School and Tyson Auditorium||
|100 S. High St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Ripley County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Ripley County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.