National Register of Historic Places listings in Russell County, Alabama
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Russell County, Alabama.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Russell County, Alabama, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 24 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 3 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|4 miles northeast of Seale on U.S. Route 431
|1010 Sandfort Rd.
|4||Brownville-Summerville Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by 15th and 23rd Sts. and 6th and 11th Aves.
|900 22nd St.
|6||Fort Mitchell Site||
|7||Fort No. 5||
|West of Phenix on the Opelika Highway
|8||Girard High School||
||Phenix City||Girard High School building was demolished in 1994.|
|9||Girard Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by 8th Pl., 10th St., 5th and 8th Aves.
|South of Pittsview on U.S. Route 431
|11||Glennville Historic District||
|South of Pittsview
|12||Joel Hurt House||
|605 Church St.
|13||Hurtsboro Historic District||
|308-905 Church St., 508 Daniel St., 303-407 Dickinson St., 302-802 Goolsby St., 402-502 Lloyd St., and 242-282 Long St.
|14||Kid Alley Residential Historic District||
|11th Ave. at 9th Pl.
|15||Lower Twentieth Street Residential Historic District||
|20th St. from 2nd to 6th Aves.
|1815 Abbott Dr.
|17||Samuel R. Pitts Plantation||
|East of U.S. Route 431, south of the Southern railroad tracks
|18||Russell County Courthouse at Seale||
|721 6th Ave.
|20||Smith Residential Historic District||
|20th St., 7th Ave., and 6th Court
|21||Snow Valley Residential Historic District||
|11th and 12th Sts. at 11th Ave.
|22||Uchee Methodist Church||
|County Road 22, 1.8 miles west of its junction with County Road 65
|23||Upper Twentieth Street Residential Historic District||
|1201-1217 W. 20th St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Russell County, Alabama.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alabama
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alabama
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on May 19, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "Old Girard School - Phenix City,Alabama". Retrieved 28 April 2017.