National Register of Historic Places listings in Salem, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Salem, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in the independent city of Salem, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 15 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the city.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Description|
|1||Academy Street School||October 1, 1981
|2||Blair Apartments||June 12, 2017
|231 Chestnut St.
|3||Downtown Salem Historic District||June 5, 1996
|Roughly Main St. from Broad St. to College Ave.
|4||Evans House||May 19, 1972
|213 Broad St.
|5||Main Campus Complex, Roanoke College||March 7, 1973
|6||McVitty Home||October 23, 2003
|601 W. Main St.
|7||Old Roanoke County Courthouse||May 14, 1987
|301 E. Main St.
|8||Preston House||May 26, 2005
|1936 W. Main St.
||Acreage expanded at the same address in a boundary increase of May 3, 2006|
|9||Roanoke Veterans Administration Hospital Historic District||September 4, 2012
|1970 Roanoke Boulevard
|10||Salem Post Office||September 24, 1992
|103 E. Main St.
|11||Salem Presbyterian Church||October 15, 1974
|E. Main and Market Sts.
|12||Salem Presbyterian Parsonage||January 28, 1992
|530 E. Main St.
|13||Southwest Virginia Holiness Association Camp Meeting||January 22, 1996
|202 and 208 E. 3rd St.
|14||Valley Railroad Bridge||August 12, 2009
|1002 Newman Dr.
|15||Williams-Brown House and Store||November 23, 1971
|523 E. Main St.
||Occupied by the Salem Museum and Historical Society|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Salem, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Roanoke, Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Roanoke County, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 11, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.