National Register of Historic Places listings in Shasta County, California
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Shasta County, California.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Shasta County, California, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in an online map.
There are 29 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Benton Tract Site||November 12, 1971
|2||Cascade Theatre||January 17, 2002
|1731 Market St.||Redding|
|3||Cottonwood Historic District||July 16, 1973
|Off US 99||Cottonwood|
|4||Cow Creek Petroglyphs||November 5, 1971
|5||Dersch-Taylor Petroglyphs||October 14, 1971
|6||French Gulch Historic District||March 24, 1972
|Along both sides of French Gulch Rd.||French Gulch|
|7||Edward Frisbie House||March 29, 1990
|1246 East St.||Redding|
|8||Gladstone Houses||November 29, 1995
|12962-12964 Cline Gulch Rd.||French Gulch|
|9||Horseshoe Lake Ranger Station||May 5, 1978
|North of Chester in Lassen Volcanic National Park||Chester|
|10||Lake Britton Archeological District||April 14, 1975
|11||Lassen Volcanic National Park Highway Historic District||June 23, 2006
|NPS Route 1, CA 89||Mineral|
|12||Loomis Visitor Center, Bldg. 43||February 25, 1975
|Lassen Volcanic National Park||Manzanita Lake|
|13||Lorenz Hotel||March 19, 2012
|1509 Yuba St.||Redding|
|14||Manzanita Lake Naturalist's Services Historic District||June 23, 2006
|39489 Highway 44||Shingletown|
|15||Nobles Emigrant Trail||October 3, 1975
|East of Shingletown in Lassen Volcanic National Park||Shingletown||Extends into Lassen County.|
|16||Old City Hall Building||November 14, 1978
|1313 Market St.||Redding|
|17||Olsen Petroglyphs||March 24, 1971
|18||Phillips Brothers Mill||December 2, 2002
|Approximately 30 miles (48 km) northeast of Redding||Oak Run|
|19||Pine Street School||March 21, 1978
|1135 Pine St.||Redding|
|20||Prospect Peak Fire Lookout||March 30, 1978
|Northeast of Mineral||Mineral|
|21||Reading Adobe Site||July 14, 1971
|Adobe Lane, 5 miles (8.0 km) east of the center of Cottonwood||Cottonwood|
|22||Shasta State Historic Park||October 14, 1971
|23||Squaw Creek Archeological Site||September 3, 1981
|24||Sulphur Creek Archeological District||April 14, 1980
|Address Restricted||Mill Creek|
|25||Summit Lake Ranger Station||April 3, 1978
|Northeast of Mineral in Lassen Volcanic National Park||Mineral|
|26||Swasey Discontiguous Archeological District||March 12, 2003
|27||Tower House District||July 2, 1973
|Whiskeytown National Recreation Area||Whiskeytown|
|28||Tower House-Soo-Yeh-Choo-Pus||November 4, 1985
|Address Restricted||French Gulch|
|29||Twin Lakes Fire Tool Cache||October 25, 2016
|Lassen Volcanic National Park||Mineral vicinity|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Shasta County, California.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in California
- National Register of Historic Places listings in California
- California Historical Landmarks in Shasta County, California
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 12, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.