National Register of Historic Places listings in Shelby County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Shelby County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Shelby County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 13 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Cooper-Alley House||July 7, 1982
|South of Waldron||Noble Township|
|2||John Hamilton House||June 4, 1979
|132 W. Washington St.||Shelbyville|
|3||Junction Railroad Depot||November 14, 1979
|U.S. Route 52||Morristown|
|4||Liberty Township Schoolhouse No. 2||September 4, 1992
|Junction of State Road 244 and County Road 600E, north of Waldron||Liberty Township|
|5||Middletown Bridge||December 24, 2009
|County Road 450S over Conn's Creek, northwest of Middletown||Liberty Township|
|6||Lora B. Pearson School||December 24, 2009
|115 W. Colescott St.||Shelbyville|
|7||Porter Pool Bathhouse||December 7, 2001
|501 N. Harrison St.||Shelbyville|
|8||George Rudicel Polygonal Barn||May 27, 1993
|Junction of County Roads 700S and 400E, southwest of Waldron||Noble Township|
|9||St. George Lutheran Church||May 24, 1984
|State Road 252, east of Edinburgh||Jackson Township|
|10||Shelbyville Commercial Historic District||August 9, 1984
|Roughly bounded by Broadway, Tompkins, Mechanic, and Noble Sts.||Shelbyville|
|11||Shelby County Courthouse||December 15, 2011
|407 S. Harrison St.||Shelbyville|
|12||Shelbyville High School||January 11, 1996
|Junction of 2nd and Tompkins Sts.||Shelbyville|
|13||West Side Historic District||February 9, 1990
|Roughly bounded by W. Pennsylvania, N. Harrison, N. and S. Thompkins, W. Hendricks, Montgomery, and N. Conrey||Shelbyville|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Shelby County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Shelby County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on August 9, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.