National Register of Historic Places listings in Shelby County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Shelby County, Ohio.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Shelby County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 19 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Anna Town Hall||
|209 W. Main St.
|2||Botkins Elementary School||
|3||Emanuel Lutheran Church of Montra||
|Montra Rd. in Montra
|804 S. Brooklyn Ave.
|5||Immaculate Conception Rectory at Botkins||
|116 N. Mill St.
|6||Lockington Covered Bridge||
|1 mile east of Lockington on State Route 132
||Orange and Washington Townships||Burned circa 1989|
|7||Lockington Locks Historical Area||
|Miami and Erie Canal between Lockington and Washington Township
||Lockington and Washington Township||Extends into Washington Township in Miami County|
|8||People's Federal Savings and Loan Association||
|101 E. Court St.
||Sidney||Designed by Louis Sullivan, 1917; still an operating thrift|
|9||Port Jefferson School||
|Wall and Spring Sts.
|10||Sacred Heart of Jesus Rectory||
|State Routes 29 and 119 at McCartyville
||Van Buren Township|
|11||St. Michael Catholic Church Complex||
|State Route 705 east of State Route 66
|12||St. Patrick Catholic Church and Rectory||
|Hoying and Wright-Puthoff Rds. in St. Patrick
||Van Buren Township|
|13||St. Remy Catholic Church||
|Main St. and Russia-Versailles Rd.
|403 W. State St.
|15||Sidney Courthouse Square Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by North and South Sts. and West and Miami Aves.
|16||Sidney Walnut Avenue Historic District||
|Walnut Ave. from Poplar to Michigan Sts., and 228, 228½, and 238 W. North St.
|17||Sidney Waterworks and Electric Light Building||
|121 N. Brooklyn Ave.
|429 N. Ohio Ave.
|West of Sidney at 9804 Houston Rd.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Turtle Creek Culvert and Embankment||
||West of New Bern
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Shelby County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 24, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Contact Us, Village of Anna. Accessed 2009-06-11.
- Sayre, Jim. Long-Gone Bridge Remains on National Register of Historic Places, Shelby County Ohio Historical Society, August 1998. Accessed 2009-06-11.