National Register of Historic Places listings in Somerset County, Pennsylvania
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on National Register of Historic Places in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 31 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. One site is designated as a National Historic Site.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Municipality||Description|
|1||Barronvale Bridge||December 11, 1980
|West of Somerset off Legislative Route 55118||Middlecreek Township|
|2||Beechdale Bridge||December 10, 1980
|Southwest of Berlin off U.S. Route 219||Brothersvalley Township|
|3||W. Bollman and Company Bridge||November 8, 1978
|Great Allegheny Passage trail over Scratch Hill Road||Summit Township||Relocated in 2007.|
|4||Boswell Historic District||June 3, 1994
|Roughly bounded by Hower Avenue, Atkinson Way, Quemahoning Creek, Main Street, and Juniata Street||Boswell|
|5||Bridge in Jenner Township||June 22, 1988
|Legislative Route 55125 over Roaring Run||Jenner Township|
|6||Cairnbrook Historic District||June 3, 1994
|Roughly bounded by the Penn Central railroad tracks, McGregor Avenue, Windber Avenue and John Street||Shade Township|
|7||Flight 93 National Memorial||November 8, 2002
|West of Sky Line Road, Shanksville vicinity||Stonycreek Township|
|8||Glessner Bridge||December 10, 1980
|Northwest of Shanksville off Legislative Route 55068||Stonycreek Township|
|9||Matthew Hair Farm||October 24, 1996
|Off Pennsylvania Route 601, 1 mile (1.6 km) north of Boswell||Jenner Township|
|10||Hite House||November 23, 1998
|121 West Main Street||Stoystown|
|11||King's Bridge||December 11, 1980
|West of Somerset off Pennsylvania Route 653||Middlecreek Township|
|12||Kooser State Park Family Cabin District||February 12, 1987
|10 miles (16 km) north of Pennsylvania Turnpike Exit 10 on Pennsylvania Route 31||Jefferson Township|
|13||Laurel Hill RDA||May 18, 1987
|4 miles (6.4 km) west of New Centerville and Pennsylvania Route 281||Middlecreek Township|
|14||Lower Humbert Bridge||December 10, 1980
|North of Ursina off Legislative Route 55030||Lower Turkeyfoot Township|
|15||Miller's Store||July 24, 1992
|Junction of Pennsylvania Routes 3029 and 3033||Middlecreek Township|
|16||New Baltimore Bridge||December 10, 1980
|Off of Juniata Street over the Raystown Branch Juniata River||Allegheny Township and New Baltimore|
|17||New Colonial Hotel||May 10, 2005
|319 Main Street||Meyersdale|
|18||Packsaddle Bridge||December 10, 1980
|Pack Saddle Road over Brush Creek||Fairhope Township|
|19||Petersburg Tollhouse||March 20, 1979
|Off U.S. Route 40||Addison|
|20||Second National Bank of Meyersdale||February 20, 2002
|151 Center Street||Meyersdale|
|21||Shade Furnace Archaeological District||January 10, 2008
|North of Rockingham above Dark Shade Creek||Shade Township|
|22||Shaffer's Bridge||December 10, 1980
|West of Tire Hill on Township 634||Conemaugh Township|
|23||Somerset County Courthouse||June 27, 1980
|East Union Street and North Center Avenue||Somerset|
|24||Stoystown Historic District||September 7, 2001
|Roughly bounded by West and East Forbes Roads, East Main Street, Meadow Street, East Penn Avenue, South Sommerset Street, West Penn Avenue and West Main Street||Stoystown|
|25||Trostletown Bridge||December 11, 1980
|Southeast of Stoystown off U.S. Route 30||Quemahoning Township|
|26||Uptown Somerset Historic District||November 7, 1995
|Roughly bounded by North Kimbery, Main, Columbia, and West Catherine Streets||Somerset|
|27||Wable-Augustine Tavern||November 27, 1995
|U.S. Route 40, approximately 1 mile (1.6 km) east of Addison||Addison Township|
|28||Walter's Mill Bridge||December 10, 1980
|North of Somerset off Pennsylvania Route 985||Somerset Township|
|29||Windber Historic District||November 14, 1991
|Roughly bounded by the borough line, Cambria Avenue, 28th Street, and the Big Paint Creek||Paint and Windber||Extends into Cambria County|
|30||Penrose Wolf Building||September 13, 2002
|450 Main Street||Rockwood|
|31||Daniel B. Zimmerman Mansion||February 24, 1995
|800 Georgian Place Drive||Somerset Township|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Somerset County, Pennsylvania.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 14, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- "The Historic Bollman Bridge". Meyersdale Area Historical Society. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- Location derived from this HAER document; the NRIS lists the site as "Address Restricted"