National Register of Historic Places listings in Southeast Fairbanks Census Area, Alaska
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Southeast Fairbanks Census Area, Alaska.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Southeast Fairbanks Census Area, Alaska, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the census area, including 1 National Historic Landmark.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Alaska-Canada Military Highway (Segment)||
|West of Alaska Highway, about 37 miles (60 km) southeast of Delta Junction
||Delta Junction||Now part of the access road to Craig Lake|
|2||Big Delta Historic District||
|Mile 274.5 of Richardson Highway at the junction of the Delta and Tanana Rivers
|3||Chicken Historic District||
|Mile 66.5 of Taylor Highway
|4||Chisana Historic Mining Landscape||
||Northway||Also partly comprised in Valdez–Cordova Census Area|
|5||Eagle Historic District||
|Roughly the town of Eagle and the area of Fort Egbert
|6||F.E. Company Dredge No. 4||
|Along Airport Road, south of mile 66.4 of Taylor Highway
|Along the North Fork Fortymile River, about 21.5 miles (34.6 km) north of Chicken
|Mile 227.4 of Richardson Highway, about 35 miles (56 km) south of Delta Junction
|9||Rika's Landing Roadhouse||
|Mile 274.5 of Richardson Highway near the junction of the Delta and Tanana Rivers
|10||Steele Creek Roadhouse||
|South side of Fortymile River, about 24 miles (39 km) northeast of Chicken, Alaska
|266 Richardson Highway
|12||Swan Point Archaeological Site||
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Southeast Fairbanks Census Area, Alaska.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Alaska
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Alaska
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 16, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Federal and state laws and practices restrict general public access to information regarding the specific location of sensitive archeological sites in many instances. The main reasons for such restrictions include the potential for looting, vandalism, or trampling. See: Knoerl, John; Miller, Diane; Shrimpton, Rebecca H. (1990), Guidelines for Restricting Information about Historic and Prehistoric Resources, National Register Bulletin (29), National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior, OCLC 20706997.