National Register of Historic Places listings in St. James Parish, Louisiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in St. James Parish, Louisiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in St. James Parish, Louisiana, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 20 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the parish, including 1 National Historic Landmark. Another two properties were once listed, but have been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bay Tree||November 21, 1991
|3785 Louisiana Highway 18||Vacherie|
|2||Chauvin House||July 25, 2003
|10138 Louisiana Highway 44||Convent|
|3||Colonial Sugars Historic District||October 11, 1994
|1250 S. 5th Ave.||Gramercy|
|4||Desire Plantation House||May 15, 1986
|Louisiana Highway 644||Vacherie||Built circa 1835, French Creole perique tobacco plantation. Private.|
|5||Felicity Plantation||March 8, 2010
|3351 Louisiana Highway 18||Vacherie||Sister plantation to St. Joseph Plantation, built circa 1850 and privately owned.|
|6||Graugnard Farms Plantation House||May 14, 1992
|5825 Louisiana Highway 18||St. James|
|7||Lambert House||May 10, 2005
|5669 Louisiana Highway 44||Convent|
|8||Laura Plantation||February 3, 1993
|2247 Louisiana Highway 18||Vacherie||Plantation heiress and manager Laura Lacoul Gore's (1861-1963) autobiography Memories of the Old Plantation Home: A Creole Family Album (Nov. 2000) tells the family's history and her experience living at the plantation. Open to the public.|
|9||Little Texas||May 14, 1992
|2834 Louisiana Highway 44||Paulina|
|10||Lutcher & Moore Cypress Lumber Co., Ltd., Headquarters Building||May 13, 1994
|2049 Railroad St.||Lutcher|
|11||Lutcher United Methodist Church||February 13, 1992
|2347 Texas St.||Lutcher|
|12||Manresa House of Retreats/Jefferson College||January 31, 1985
|Louisiana Highway 44||Convent|
|13||Mather House||May 30, 2001
|5666 Louisiana Highway 44||Convent|
|14||Millet House||December 9, 1999
|509 E. Jefferson Highway||Gramercy|
|15||Oak Alley Plantation||December 2, 1974
|2.5 miles north of Vacherie||Vacherie|
|16||OLIVE JEANETTE||October 3, 1991
|17||Our Lady of Peace Catholic Church||May 22, 2013
|13281 LA 644||Vacherie|
|18||Judge Felix Poché Plantation House||December 3, 1980
|19||St. Joseph Plantation House||September 6, 2005
|3535 Louisiana Highway 18||Vacherie||Early 19th-century plantation, joined in 1890 with Felicity Plantation to form the St. Joseph Plantation & Manufacturing Company. Privately owned.|
|20||St. Michael's Church Historic District||November 15, 1979
|Louisiana Highway 44||Convent|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Colomb House||August 7, 1980|
|January 31, 2019||Northwest of Convent on River Rd.||Convent|
|2||Longview||September 21, 1983|
|January 31, 2019||Louisiana Highway 44||Lutcher|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Saint James Parish, Louisiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Louisiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisiana
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 3, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.