National Register of Historic Places listings in Steuben County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Steuben County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Steuben County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 14 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Angola Commercial Historic District||December 27, 2010
|Roughly bounded by Superior, Gale, Gilmore, and Martha Sts.
|2||Cyrus and Jennie Cline House||September 18, 2017
|313 E. Maumee St.
|3||Collins School||October 16, 2002
|State Road 120, 0.7 miles east of County Road 450W, and west of Fremont
|4||Combination Shelter||April 3, 1992
|Pokagon State Park, north of Angola
|5||Fawn River State Fish Hatchery||January 2, 1997
|6889 N. State Road 327
||Millgrove Township and Orland|
|6||Fox Lake||April 12, 2001
|60-760 Lane 130, southwest of Angola
|7||Free Church||March 24, 1983
|Old State Road 1 N., east of Angola
|8||Cornish Griffin Round Barn||April 2, 1993
|2015 SW. Fox Lake Rd., north of Pleasant Lake
|9||William L. Lords House||June 16, 1983
|Clear Lake Rd., northeast of Fremont
||Clear Lake Township|
|10||Enos Michael House||February 19, 1982
|200 E. Toledo St.
|11||Pleasant Lake Depot||December 7, 2001
|1469 W. Main St. at Pleasant Lake
|12||Pokagon State Park||January 11, 1996
|5 miles north of Angola, west of U.S. Route 27
||Jamestown and Pleasant Townships|
|13||Steuben County Courthouse||May 12, 1975
|14||Steuben County Jail||April 2, 1976
|201 S. Wayne
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Steuben County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Steuben County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on June 15, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.