National Register of Historic Places listings in Swift County, Minnesota
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Swift County, Minnesota. It is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Swift County, Minnesota, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are nine properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Appleton City Hall||June 17, 1977
|23 South Miles Street
||Appleton||1895 brick Romanesque Revival city hall.|
|2||Christ Church-Episcopal||August 15, 1985
|310 13th Street North
||Benson||1879 Gothic Revival church. Now a senior center.|
|3||Church of St. Bridget-Catholic||August 15, 1985
|Third Street and Ireland Avenue
||De Graff||1901 brick and stone Gothic Revival church.|
|4||Church of St. Francis Xavier-Catholic||August 15, 1985
|13th Street North and Montana Avenue
||Benson||1917 brick and stone church designed by Emmanuel Louis Masqueray.|
|5||Gethsemane Episcopal Church||July 20, 2011
|40 North Hering Street
||Appleton||1879 church representing the westernmost expansion of the Episcopal Church in southern Minnesota under Bishop Henry Benjamin Whipple.|
|6||Monson Lake State Park CCC/WPA/Rustic Style Historic Resources||October 25, 1989
|Off County Road 95 southeast of Sunburg
||Sunburg vicinity||1930s National Park Service rustic buildings built by the Civilian Conservation Corps and grounds design by the Works Progress Administration|
|7||Sabin S. Murdock House||August 15, 1985
||Murdock||1878 frame Italianate house of town's founder.|
|8||Swift County Courthouse||September 19, 1977
|301 14th Street North
||Benson||1898 brick and stone Richardsonian Romanesque courthouse designed by Buechner & Jacobson.|
|9||Christian F. Uytendale Farmstead||September 5, 1985
|Off County Highway 25
||Benson vicinity||One of Swift County's first farmsteads—established in 1868—and one of its most prominent during the tenancy of a wealthy Danish immigrant 1879–1902. Further noted for the regionally unique ethnic design features of his 1887 farmhouse.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Minnesota
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Minnesota
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 1, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Nord, Mary Ann (2003). The National Register of Historic Places in Minnesota. Minnesota Historical Society. ISBN 0-87351-448-3.
- See photo
- Granger, Susan; Scott Kelly (March 2011). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Gethsemane Episcopal Church" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2013-07-02.
- "Monson Lake State Park". Rustic Style Resources in Minnesota State Parks. Minnesota Historical Society. Retrieved 2012-06-19.
- Granger, Susan (December 1984). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory—Nomination Form: Christian F. Uytendale Farmstead" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Swift County, Minnesota.|
- Minnesota National Register Properties Database—Minnesota Historical Society