National Register of Historic Places listings in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a map.
There are 17 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the parish. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Ardoyne Plantation House||November 1, 1982
|Northwest of Houma on Louisiana Highway 311
|2||Argyle||July 1, 1994
|3313 Bayou Black Dr.
|3||Armitage||April 12, 1984
|Louisiana Highway 20 and Colonial Dr.
|4||Herman Albert Cook House||February 24, 1995
|515 W. Main St.
|5||Ducros Plantation||November 7, 1985
|Louisiana Highway 20
|6||Gibson Methodist Episcopal Church||May 8, 1986
|S. Bayou Black Dr.
|7||Houma Elementary School||June 15, 2015
|711 Grinage St.
|8||Houma Historic District||December 8, 1983
|Roughly bounded by E. Park Ave. and Main, Canal, Lafayette, Academy, High, Roussell, and Barrow Sts.; also 7717, 7719, 7725, 7801-09, 7815-17, 7819 W. Main, 407, 425, 507 Rousell, 7910, 7932, 7936, 7942 W. Park Ave.
||Houma||Second set of addresses represents a boundary adjustment, listed 2015-10-06.|
|9||Magnolia||August 4, 1983
|Louisiana Highway 311
|10||Montegut School||October 7, 1993
|1137 Louisiana Highway 55
|11||Orange Grove Plantation House||March 26, 1980
|West of Houma on U.S. Route 90
||Houma||Circa-1840 Greek Revival briquette-entre-poteaux architecture; operates as an inn today. See Orange Grove Plantation House.|
|12||Polmer Store||May 30, 1996
|1849 Louisiana Highway 311
|13||Residence Plantation House||September 8, 2001
|8951 Park Ave.
|14||St. George Plantation House||October 5, 1982
|Louisiana Highway 24
|15||Clifford Percival Smith House||April 20, 1989
|501 E. Park Ave.
|16||Southdown Plantation||January 18, 1974
|1 mile southwest of Houma on Louisiana Highway 311
|17||Wesley House||August 11, 1982
|1210 E. Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||St. Matthew's Episcopal Church||May 1, 1989
|March 31, 2015||243 Barrow St.
||Houma||St. Matthew's Church was destroyed by fire on November 11, 2010|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Louisiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Louisiana
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on February 9, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.