National Register of Historic Places listings in The Highlands, Louisville, Kentucky
This is a list of properties and historic districts on the National Register of Historic Places in The Highlands, Louisville, Kentucky. The table below includes 29 listings in the following neighborhoods:
Latitude and longitude coordinates of the sites listed on this page may be displayed in a map or exported in several formats by clicking on one of the links in the box below the map to the right.
National Register sites elsewhere in Jefferson County are listed separately.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Neighborhood||Description|
|1||Leslie V. Abbott House||
|2401 Newburg Rd.
|2||Willam R. Belknap School||
|1800 Sils Ave.
|1824 Rosedale Ave.
|4||John B. Castleman Monument||
|Junction of Cherokee Rd. and Cherokee Parkway
|5||Cave Hill Cemetery||
|701 Baxter Ave.
|6||Cave Hill National Cemetery||
|701 Baxter Ave.
|7||Cherokee Triangle Area Residential District||
|Roughly bounded by Bardstown Rd., Sherwood Ave., and Broadway, east to the junction of Grinstead Dr. and Cherokee Parkway
|8||Commodore Apartment Building||
|2140 Bonnycastle Ave.
|1080 Baxter Ave.
|3033 Bardstown Rd.
|11||Nicholas Finzer House||
|1212 Hull St.
|1809 Tyler Lane
|13||Highlands Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Barrett Ave., Eastern Parkway, Bardstown Road, and Fernwood, Woodbourne, Ellerbee, and Sherwood Aves.
|1226 Bates Ct.
|2240 Douglass Boulevard
|16||Klotz Confectionary Company||
|731 Brent St.
|17||Nelson Distillery Warehouse||
|100 Distillery Commons Dr.
||Irish Hill||Now the Distillery Commons.|
|1835 Hampden Ct.
|19||Saint Francis of Assisi Complex||
|1960 Bardstown Rd.
|20||St. James Roman Catholic Church, Rectory, and School||
|1430 Bardstown Rd. and 1826 and 1818 Edenside Ave.
|21||Valentine Schneikert House||
|1234 Lexington Rd.
|1500-1512 Bardstown Rd.
|23||Steam Engine Company No. 11||
|1122 Rogers St.
|24||Steam Engine Company No. 20||
|1330 Bardstown Rd.
|25||Steam Engine Company No. 20||
|1735 Bardstown Rd.
|1920 Winston Ave.
|27||Union Monument in Louisville||
|Cave Hill Cemetery, junction of Payne St. and Lexington Rd.
|28||David Wilson House||
|2215 Carolina Ave.
|2024 Woodford Pl.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||Neighborhood||Summary|
|1||August Bloedner Monument||
||Cave Hill Cemetery, junction of Payne St. and Lexington Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Louisville, Kentucky.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Jefferson County, Kentucky
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Kentucky
- List of attractions and events in the Louisville metropolitan area
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 15, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.