National Register of Historic Places listings in Van Wert County, Ohio
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Van Wert County, Ohio.
It is intended to be a complete list of the properties on the National Register of Historic Places in Van Wert County, Ohio, United States. The locations of National Register properties for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 6 properties listed on the National Register in the county. Another 2 properties were once listed but have been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|508 W. 2nd St.
|215 W. Main St.
|3||George H. Marsh Homestead and the Marsh Foundation School||
|1229 Lincoln Highway
|Off U.S. Route 224 west of Van Wert
|5||Van Wert Bandstand||
|On the grounds of the Van Wert County Historical Museum, 602 N. Washington St.
|6||Van Wert County Courthouse||
|121 E. Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
||W of Harveysburg off Middletown Rd.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Van Wert County, Ohio.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location derived from this Van Wert County Historical Museum webpage; the NRIS lists it at its original location at the Van Wert County Fairgrounds along U.S. Route 127