National Register of Historic Places listings in Vermillion County, Indiana
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Vermillion County, Indiana.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Vermillion County, Indiana, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 8 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. Another property was once listed but has been removed.
Properties and districts located in incorporated areas display the name of the municipality, while properties and districts in unincorporated areas display the name of their civil township. Properties and districts split between multiple jurisdictions display the names of all jurisdictions.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Clinton Downtown Historic District||March 15, 2000
|Roughly between S. Water and S. 3rd Sts., and Elm St. to the CSX railroad right-of-way||Clinton|
|2||Eugene Covered Bridge||June 10, 1994
|Former County Road 00 over the Big Vermillion River at Eugene||Eugene Township|
|3||Hill Crest Community Center||December 15, 1997
|505 N. 8th St.||Clinton|
|4||Newport Covered Bridge||June 10, 1994
|County Road 50N over the Little Vermillion River, northwest of Newport||Vermillion Township|
|5||Possum Bottom Covered Bridge||June 10, 1994
|Northern side of U.S. Route 36, 0.2 miles east of its junction with East Rd. and southeast of Dana||Helt Township|
|6||Salem Methodist Episcopal Church||February 22, 1979
|North of Clinton on State Road 63||Helt Township|
|7||Vermillion County Courthouse||December 19, 2007
|255 S. Main St.||Newport|
|8||Vermillion County Jail and Sheriff's Residence||March 12, 1999
|220 E. Market St.||Newport|
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Brouilletts Creek Covered Bridge||June 10, 1994|
|June 2, 1999||County Roads 100W and 1700S over Brouilletts Creek||Clinton||Disassembled in 1994 and currently in storage in its entirety for reassembly in the future.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Vermillion County, Indiana.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Indiana
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Indiana
- List of Indiana state historical markers in Vermillion County
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on September 7, 2018.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.