National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington County, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Washington County, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Washington County, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 16 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Abingdon Bank||November 12, 1969
|225 E. Main St.||Abingdon|
|2||Abingdon Historic District||February 26, 1970
|Both sides of Main St. between Cummings and Deadmore Sts.; also roughly bounded by Russell Rd. and Jackson St., Whites Mill Rd., E. Main, E. Park, and W. Main Sts., and Academy Dr.||Abingdon||Second set of boundaries represents a boundary increase of September 17, 1986|
|3||Baker-St. John House||February 22, 2011
|18254 Providence Rd.||Abingdon|
|4||Brook Hall||June 5, 1997
|13160 Byars Ln.||Glade Spring|
|5||Crabtree-Blackwell Farm||April 1, 1975
|1 mile south of Blackwell on Moore Creek Rd.||Blackwell|
|6||Edmondson Hall||June 11, 1998
|Lindell Rd., 0.25 miles north of the junction of State Route 80 and the Hillman Highway||Meadowview|
|7||Emory and Henry College||January 30, 1989
|8||Glade Spring Commercial Historic District||May 28, 2013
|Portions of Town Square St., Grace St., E. Glade St., and Hemlock St.||Glade Spring||Twenty-two contributing buildings and one contributing structure.|
|9||The Grove||May 16, 2002
|14071 U.S. Routes 11/19||Bristol|
|10||Mont Calm||July 18, 1974
|West of State Route 75||Abingdon|
|11||Moonlite Theatre||August 8, 2007
|17555 U.S. Routes 11/19||Abingdon||Drive-in theater built in 1949.|
|12||Dr. William H. Pitts House||April 1, 2002
|247 E. Main St.||Abingdon|
|13||Retirement and the Muster Grounds||May 11, 2018
|702 Colonial Rd. SW||Abingdon|
|14||Saltville Battlefields Historic District||March 25, 2010
|State Routes 91 and 107, and Cedar Branch Rd.||Saltville||Extends into Smyth County|
|15||Walnut Grove||August 11, 2004
|14081 U.S. Routes 11/19||Bristol|
|16||White's Mill||September 10, 1974
|Northwest of Abingdon on White Mill Rd.||Abingdon|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Washington County, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Bristol, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes from USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 12, 2019.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.