National Register of Historic Places listings in Wayne County, Utah
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Wayne County, Utah.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Wayne County, Utah, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a map.
There are 21 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county. One other site in the county was once listed, but has since been removed.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Elijah Cutler Behunin Cabin||
|State Route 24, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) southeast of the tip of Horse Mesa
|2||Bull Creek Archeological District||
|3||Cathedral Valley Corral||
|Middle Desert, southeast of the confluence of Cathedral Mountain and Cathedral Valley
|4||Civilian Conservation Corps Powder Magazine||
|South of the Fremont River, north of Cuts Canyon
|6||D.C.C. & P. Inscription "B"||
|7||Fruita Rural Historic District||
|Roughly along State Route 24 from Sulphur Creek to Hickman Natural Bridge
(NRIS (National Register Information System) #72000098 NRIS (National Register Information System))
|Capitol Reef National Park on State Route 24
|W. 100 North St.
|Confluence of Pleasant Creek and South Draw
|100 S. Center St.
|12||Harvest Scene Pictograph||
|13||Horseshoe Canyon Archeological District||
|Horseshoe Canyon Detached Unit, Canyonlands National Park
|Green River and Hanksville||Originally listed as "Horseshoe (Barrier Canyon Pictograph Panels" with a restricted address; current address represents the Archeological District boundary increase of January 24, 2012|
|14||Charles W. and Leah Lee House||
|277 W. 100 North
|15||Loa Tithing Office||
|100 West and Center St.
|16||Lesley Morrell Line Cabin and Corral||
|Confluence of Middle Desert Wash and Cathedral Valley
|17||Hans Peter Nielson Gristmill||
|3 miles (4.8 km) southeast of Bicknell
|Confluence of Grand Wash and Cohab Canyon
|Southwest of the confluence of Capitol Wash and Waterpocket Canyon
|20||Teasdale Tithing Granary||
|Off State Route 117
|21||Torrey Log Church-Schoolhouse||
|Approximately 49 E. Main St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Wayne County High School||
||55 N. Center St.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Wayne County, Utah.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on October 14, 2016.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Some listings on the NRHP are highly sensitive sites and may be subject to looting or vandalism. The NRHP lists this site as "Address Restricted."
Media related to National Register of Historic Places in Wayne County, Utah at Wikimedia Commons