National Register of Historic Places listings in Williamsburg, Virginia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Williamsburg, Virginia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in the independent city of Williamsburg, Virginia, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in an online map.
There are 12 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the city, including 6 National Historic Landmarks.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Description|
|1||Bruton Parish Church||May 10, 1970
|Duke of Gloucester St.
|2||Chandler Court and Pollard Park Historic District||October 3, 1996
|Roughly bounded by Jamestown Rd., Griffin Ave., Pollard Park, and the College of William and Mary maintenance yard
|3||College Landing||July 12, 1978
|Confluence of College and Paper Mill Creeks
||Site of Williamsburg's main port in the 18th century|
|4||First Baptist Church||June 5, 2017
|727 Scotland St.
|5||Merchants Square and Resort Historic District||May 3, 2006
|Boundary St., Duke of Gloucester St., S. England St., Francis St., Henry St., and Prince George St.
|6||Peyton Randolph House||April 15, 1970
|Corner of Nicholson and N. England Sts.
|7||James Semple House||April 15, 1970
|Southern side of Frances St. between Blair and Walker Sts.
|8||Matthew Whaley School||August 13, 2004
|301 Scotland St.
|9||Williamsburg Historic District||October 15, 1966
|Bounded by Francis, Waller, Nicholson, N. England, Lafayette, and Nassau Sts.
|10||Williamsburg Inn||June 4, 1997
|136 E. Francis St.
|11||Wren Building, College of William and Mary||October 15, 1966
|College of William and Mary campus
|12||Wythe House||April 15, 1970
|Western side of the Palace Green
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Williamsburg, Virginia.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in James City County, Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on July 14, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Hudgins, Carter. National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: College Landing. National Park Service, 1976-12-10, 2.