National Register of Historic Places listings in Wilson County, North Carolina
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Wilson County, North Carolina. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||W. H. Applewhite House||
|Off NC 58
|2||Manalcus Aycock House||
|3||Gen. Joshua Barnes House||
|W side of SR 1326 at SR 1327
|4||Black Creek Rural Historic District||
|Along NC 1628
|124 E. Nash St.
|6||Broad-Kenan Streets Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Pine, Broad, Hines and Cone
|333 E. Nash St.
|600 W. Nash St.
|10||East Wilson Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by E. Gold and Academy Sts., Ward Blvd., Woodard Street Ave. and Elvie St., and Railroad and Pender Sts.
|NC 58 and SR 1542
|12||Elm City Municipal Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by North, Pender and Branch, Wilson, and Anderson Sts.
|13||W. H. Langley House||
|N side of SR 1003
|14||Lucama Municipal Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by US 301 and Railroad St., Main St., Black Creek Rd., and Goldsboro St.
|15||Dr. H. D. Lucas House||
|16||Old Wilson Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Nash, N. Cone, Gold and Railroad Sts. and Maplewood Cemetery
|17||Joseph John Pender House||
|SR 1418 and SR 1002
|18||Moses Rountree House||
|107 N. Rountree St.
|19||Maj. James Scarborough House||
|20||Alfred and Martha Jane Thompson House and Williams Barn||
|NC 1314, 0.4 miles W of NC 58
|21||Upper Town Creek Rural Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by NC 1003, NC 1411, NC 1414, and Town Creek
|S side of SR 1539
|E side SR 1512
|24||West Nash Street Historic District||
|West Nash St.
|25||Olzie Whitehead Williams House||
|26||Wilson Central Business-Tobacco Warehouse Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Pender, Green, Pine, S. Jackson, and Hines Sts.
|27||Wilson County Courthouse||
|Nash at Goldsboro St.
|28||Woodard Family Rural Historic District||
|Along US 264
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Wilson County, North Carolina.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in North Carolina
- List of National Historic Landmarks in North Carolina
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on April 21, 2017.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- National Park Service (2008-04-24). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- See "Historic Landmarks", City of Wilson, retrieved 2014-12-23; and "Historic Walking Tour Downtown Wilson", Wilson: Simply Wonderful, retrieved 2014-12-23.
- "North Carolina Listings in the National Register of Historic Places by County". North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. 22 October 2008. Retrieved 14 July 2009.