National Register of Historic Places listings in Yell County, Arkansas
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Yell County, Arkansas.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Yell County, Arkansas, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
There are 24 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Archeological Site 3YE958||
|2||Brearley Cemetery Historic Section||
|Highway 27 approximately ½ mile west of Highway 22
|3||CCC Company 749 Powder Magazine||
|North of Forest Service Road 4128 and south of Briggsville
|4||Thomas James Cotton House||
|405 S. 3rd St.
|5||Dardanelle Agriculture and Post Office||
|103 N. Front St.
|6||Dardanelle Commercial Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Front, Oak, 2nd, and Pine Sts.
|7||Dardanelle Confederate Monument||
|Southeastern corner of the courthouse lawn, near the junction of Union and Front Sts.
|320 E. 5th St.
|9||First Presbyterian Church||
|2nd and Quay Sts.
|10||First Presbyterian Church-Berry House||
|203 Pecan St.
|713 N. Front St.
|12||Methodist Episcopal Church, South||
|Northeastern corner of the junction of Locust Dr. and 2nd St.
|Spanning the Petit Jean River 0.25 miles north of Highway 10 and approximately 1 mile west of County Road 49
|Highway 80 west of Watson Branch
|15||Mountain View Farm||
|County Road 218, approximately 0.75 miles south of Plainview
|16||Mt. Nebo State Park-Pavilion||
|North of Highway 155 in Mount Nebo State Park
|17||Old Arkansas 22-Dardanelle Segment||
|County Road 906, ½ mile west of the junction of Highway 22 and County Road 51
|18||Petit Jean River Bridge||
|County Road 49 over the Petit Jean River
|19||Spring Lake Bridge||
|Highway 307 over Bob Barnes Branch
|20||Spring Lake Recreation Area Historic District||
|Forest Service Rd. 1602 in the Ozark-St. Francis National Forest
|601 N. Front St.
|22||Sulphur Springs Cemetery||
|Slo Fork Rd.
|23||Ward's Crossing Bridge||
|County Road 8
||Plainview||Camelback through truss|
|24||Yell County Courthouse||
|209 Union St.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Achmun Creek Bridge||
||Co. Rd. 222, over Achmun Creek
||Ola vicinity||Replaced in 1989.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Yell County, Arkansas.|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Arkansas
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Arkansas
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on March 14, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.