|Type||Government Web Portal|
|Purpose||Connecting Wounded Warriors, Service Members, Veterans and their families with those who support them.|
|Affiliations||U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs|
The National Resource Directory (NRD) is a United States Government inter-agency web portal for Wounded Warriors, Service Members, Veterans, their families and caregivers. It provides information and links to thousand of national, state and local resources. The NRD was established to support the reintegration, recovery and rehabilitation of members of the United States Armed Forces. According to Assistant Secretary of Labor for Disability Employment Policy, Kathleen Martinez, "the National Resource Directory is part of our commitment to ensuring they have access to the resources they need to recover and successfully return to work and civilian life."
Visitors to the web portal can find information about Veterans' benefits, including disability and pension benefits, VA health care and educational opportunities, homeless assistance and employment resources. The site also provides information for those who care for Veterans, such as access to emotional, financial and community assistance.
The links include federal, state and local government agencies, Veterans service organizations, non-profit and community-based organizations, and academic institutions and professional associations.
- "About Us". National Resource Directory. United States Government. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- U.S. Department of Labor (February 25, 2011). "US Department of Labor re-launches National Resource Directory for wounded warriors with US Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs". Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- Wilson, Elaine (February 3, 2011). "Directory Links Wounded Warriors, Families to Resources". American Forces Press Service. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- Army Times. "Online Directory Spreading Links to Benefits Resources" (November 29, 2010)
- The Disability Law & Policy e-Newsletter. "New Organizations and Resources" (November 12, 2010)
- Military Advanced Education News. "Warrior Proponent: Advancing Servicemember Care and Transition Support" (December 10, 2010)
- Military Avenue Newsletter. "Collaboration is Key to Family Support Effort, Official Says" (January 26, 2011)
- MSNBC. "Warrior Gateway Helps Digital-Age Vets" (May 23, 2010)