National Security Commission of the Communist Party of China
Zhōngyāng Guójiā'ānquán Wěiyuánhuì
The emblem of the Communist Party of China
|Jurisdiction||Communist Party of China|
|Ministers responsible||Xi Jinping, Chairman
Li Keqiang, Deputy Chairman
Zhang Dejiang, Deputy Chairman
|Parent agency||CPC Central Committee|
The Central National Security Commission (CNSC) of the Communist Party of China (CPC) was established at the 3rd Plenary Session of the 18th Central Committee in November 2013. It aims to consolidate political leadership of all the security apparatus that China already has, including those headed formerly by former Politburo Standing Committee member Zhou Yongkang, into a single entity under the direct command of the CPC General Secretary. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Qin Gang, the NSC aims to combat terrorism, separatism, and religious extremism.
- Xi Jinping, General Secretary of the Communist Party, President of the People's Republic, Chairman of the Central Military Commission
- Vice Chairmen
- Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council, Politburo Standing Committee
- Zhang Dejiang, Chairman of the National People's Congress Standing Committee, Politburo Standing Committee
- Meng Jianzhu, executive member, Politburo, Secretary of the Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission
- Zhang Chunxian, member, Politburo, Party Secretary of Xinjiang
- General Office staff
- Li Zhanshu, chief of General Office of the NSC, also Chief of the General Office of the Communist Party of China
- Cai Qi, deputy chief of General Office of the NSC (not confirmed by official sources)
- Panda, Ankit (November 14, 2013). "What Will China's New National Security Council Do?". The Diplomat. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- "China Hints at Domestic Role for National Security Commitee". Voice of America. November 13, 2013. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
- "Xi Jinping to lead national security commission". China Daily. January 24, 2014. Retrieved January 31, 2014.
|This People's Republic of China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|