National Sport Information Centre
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Bruce, Australian Capital Territory|
The National Sports Information Centre (NSIC) aims to contribute to the achievement of the Australian Sports Commission's objectives by enabling access to sports and related information and services. More than just a library, it is Australia's premier information resource centre for sport and its related disciplines.
The NSIC is funded by the Australian Sports Commission and is housed in the Corporate Services Building of the Australian Sports Commission at the Australian Institute of Sport campus in Canberra. The centre was established in 1982 as the Australian Institute of Sport Information Centre. The centre was renamed the National Sport Information Centre in 1989, reflecting the merging of the AIS with the Australian Sports Commission in 1987, with funds allocated in the 1988/89 Federal budget to expand the centre.
The centre supports sport and recreation organisations, with its collection available to the public, teachers, coaches, researchers and athletes. The collection at NSIC includes online and print resources, which is one of the most comprehensive information collections of its type in the world.
- Year Book Australia, 1990 No. 73. Australian Bureau of Statistics. pp. 358–. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Martin Scarrott (23 April 2012). Sport, Leisure and Tourism Information Sources. CRC Press. p. 88. ISBN 978-1-136-36454-9. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Martin Crotty; David Roberts (1 October 2008). Turning Points in Australian History. NewSouth Publishing. p. 199. ISBN 978-1-921410-56-7. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- John Bloomfield (1 July 2003). Australia's Sporting Success: The Inside Story. NewSouth Publishing. p. 95. ISBN 978-0-86840-582-7. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- John Nauright; Charles Parrish (6 April 2012). Sports Around the World: History, Culture, and Practice. ABC-CLIO. p. 360. ISBN 978-1-59884-300-2. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
Media related to National Sport Information Centre at Wikimedia Commons
- National Sport Information Centre - Australian Sports Commission
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|